The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Church Elder and Missionary Gives Prophetic Word on Year 2018

Bill Yount, an elder and home missionary at Bridge of Life Church in Hagerstown, Maryland has said he believes the world is going to change in major ways in 2018, and God is about to do big things.

More...

We live in the last part of the last days.

I believe anything is possible.

It's Prophets btw, not profits.

How do you know we are in the last part of the last days? People thought shortly after the Bible was finally compiled they were in the last days too. So it has been every generation. I do know Jesus said only that we are to be ready.

I have no idea how long before the Tribulation will come and then Jesus will return, IMO it will be a very bad time for those believing they won't have endure the Tribulation, If many believe they won't have to endure the Tribulation, when they do they just might think they are not saved or that somehow they missed Jesus return. I think the Rapture is very much misunderstood.

So why do you think we are in the last part of the last days?

There's a passage that says -- as it was in the days of Noah so it will be in the last days and it's getting That way fairly quickly.

There's Another passage that describes all the evilness of the last days -- and we're pretty much there also.

The last days are Also described as a woman in labor pains -- having had 4 kids I know what labor feels like -- but it's Also never the same with each child. Some labor is Long and some Short. Then again -- dialation takes place and the Dr. can say 'you're 5 cm dialated' or whatever and it takes up to 9 cm before birth will take place. All we know is that we're Anticipating that birth -- the return of Jesus Christ.

There Is Scriptural basis for a pre-trib rapture of the Church as well as mid-trib rapture. There is a Lot of persecution taking place in other parts of the world -- and some starting in the U.S.

If we were now in the last part of the last days, we'd know it. And we aren't. Because that would be the last 3 1/2 yrs. which is known as the Great Tribulation in the book of Revelation, Those events are not happening, yet.

• Like 1

Just cracked into John MacArthur's Strange Fire. These false prophets are dangerous and a blight on biblical Christianity. Visions,dreams and experience has taken the place of sound biblical doctrine.

• Like 2

I believe the last days started with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

That's why I see this century as the last part of the last days.

Sue D. correctly summed up the rest of it.

• Like 1

There's a passage that says -- as it was in the days of Noah so it will be in the last days and it's getting That way fairly quickly.

There's Another passage that describes all the evilness of the last days -- and we're pretty much there also.

The last days are Also described as a woman in labor pains -- having had 4 kids I know what labor feels like -- but it's Also never the same with each child. Some labor is Long and some Short. Then again -- dialation takes place and the Dr. can say 'you're 5 cm dialated' or whatever and it takes up to 9 cm before birth will take place. All we know is that we're Anticipating that birth -- the return of Jesus Christ.

There Is Scriptural basis for a pre-trib rapture of the Church as well as mid-trib rapture. There is a Lot of persecution taking place in other parts of the world -- and some starting in the U.S.

If we were now in the last part of the last days, we'd know it. And we aren't. Because that would be the last 3 1/2 yrs. which is known as the Great Tribulation in the book of Revelation, Those events are not happening, yet.

As I stated there are 4 views on this. The most important view of all is John 13:34-35.

• Like 2

I believe the last days started with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

That's why I see this century as the last part of the last days.

Sue D. correctly summed up the rest of it.

So give me a Scripture to back your opinion, please.

I just started reading it.I have it on my kindle.

Oh, OK, I didn't know it was a book. Let us know how you like it, once you get more into it.

• Like 1

Just cracked into John MacArthur's Strange Fire. These false prophets are dangerous and a blight on biblical Christianity. Visions,dreams and experience has taken the place of sound biblical doctrine.

Isn't there a passage that says in the last days that men will dream dreams and have visions and such? That there will be strange occurrances taking place?

Another poster was stating his belief that the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is a sign of being in the last days -- this century. The book of Hebrews starts out "In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways , but in these last days, He has spoken to us by His Son......" So -- in the really big picture of the time since God created this world -- the outpouring of the Holy Spirit could be seen as being in the last days. I'm interpreting 'outpouring of the Holy Spirit' as being starting with the Day of Pentecost. When He came to indwell each believer. The Holy Spirit Did come upon men from time to time in the Old Testament, but He / It didn't stay with the person.

It's posts 3 and 7 that I'm referring back to.

• Like 2

Read Sue's post.

She sums it up nicely.

What's wrong with you doing your own Scriptural text backing. You need to support your own post. If a person does not where the verse is say somewhere in James, or Luke it says, that is acceptable IMO. I do not always quote a verse, but give a location of the verse I have used is. I am only trying to help your post have more authority, and that's important. Blessings.

• Like 1