The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Innerfire89

The serpent seed doctrine and other nonsense.

Innerfire89

Just now I learned a rather bizarre heresy called the serpent seed doctrine. So what that is, is the belief that Eve didn't sin by eating the fruit but by having sex with the serpent! So Eve gave birth to Cain whose father was the serpent, and all of Cain's descendants are biologically cursed.

There's other false teachings I come across here and there I'm sure most of you know of already. Another is sex demons. Some Christians believe that when you sin demons attach to you and cause you to have sexual dreams or sexually assault you in your sleep. It's an old superstition from when people didn't understand what wet dreams were. People get obsessed with these superstions and have little to no focus on Christ and biblical truth. And some of the people who claim to be attacked by these demons might have actually been assaulted in their sleep, if they think it's a demon the real predator can just continue on not being suspected.

And there's all sorts of other nonsense, like soulless people, sin demons, I wouldn't be surprised if some believe in vampires.

​​​​​​There are so many lies, I pray God brings them out of the insanity.

• Like 1

Dutch

I haven't heard of the serpent seed heresy.It is amazing the doctrines men come up with that take their minds off Christ and the truth. At the heart of all these false doctrines of course is the father of lies. Never thought I would live to see the day when vampires were so favorably regarded.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 4

ChatterBox

I hadn't heard that one was still going, although I knew it was part of the Gnostic gospel. Given the focus on sex in secular society at the moment I'm sadly not surprised it has resurfaced.

The Bible is quite upfront about what happened in the Garden of Eden. Given that the Bible is not known for shying away from violence or explicit male-female activities, if Eve had commited adultery it would probably be written right there on the page, just like King David's.

• Like 4

ConfessionalLutheran
I haven't heard of the serpent seed heresy.It is amazing the doctrines men come up with that take their minds of Christ and the truth. At the heart of all these false doctrines of course is the father of lies. Never thought I would live to see the day when vampires were so favorably regarded.

You can lay the credit for that at the feet of Anne Rice and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer/ Angel franchise. Instead of being demonic undead leeches, vampires today are regarded as brooding, " dark heroes" going through a ( somewhat extended) dark night of the soul. As corrupt as society has become, of course tentacles of that would attach to conspiracy theories regarding the Fall in Eden. As sex sells, people today would probably accept something as daft as Eve fornicating with Satan as a matter of course. The flesh, the world and the Devil come up with all manner of distractions and they do tend to deliver their deceptions with attractive flair.

• Like 2

Serpent seed: There is a lot more to it than you know.

What would you do if Jesus told you that you had to eat His flesh and drink His blood?

just_me

I've never heard of this, but I bet it was contrived to benefit the person who created it?

I look back at just those people in my life time that have been false and have lead so many to their graves, it just makes my souls ache.

I still remember Jim Jones and the slaughter of so many people in that far off Afrcan community.

David Koresh was more resent and that evil sparked off the bombing of the Alfred p murrah building in Oklahoma city. I will never get over seeing that picture of that crying fireman carrying the lifeless body of that infant child from the ruins there. I also can't forget the cold dead eyes of Thimothy MC Vey on that news clip. If I have ever seen evil it was the look on that man. There was no emotion, nothing in there and people wanted him to be given the death penilty, so he could quote/unqoute think about what he had done. You could see it in his eyes that he would not have thought of anything more than what he was going to eat that day and the next and the next.

There was a reason the Bible ended a statement "to put evil from among you." I never understood why these people projected what they assumed they would do if they had been the one incarcerated for things, that they wouldn't even think of doing.

• Like 1

Innerfire89
Serpent seed: There is a lot more to it than you know.

What would you do if Jesus told you that you had to eat His flesh and drink His blood?

Christ command to figuratively eat his fealsh and drink his blood goes to everyone.

Sue D.

Christ command to figuratively eat his fealsh and drink his blood goes to everyone.

The Communion Service -- is in Scripture -- the grape juice represents Christ's blood that was shed for everyone and the cracker represents His body that was beaten -- but not a bone was broken -- for us. We are to do this periodically until we are with Christ -- as a reminder of what He did for us on the cross. Only believers are to take part in it.

It's Not part of salvation -- taking part in that does Not cleanse a person of their sins.

There are those who believe in transubstantiation -- that the juice turns into Christ's blood when it is consumed ? the cracker becomes part of Jesus Christ's body was we ingest it. -- When the priest blesses it just before the person 'takes' it. That is Not in Scripture.

Nothing in Scripture saying that Eve had sex with the serpent. There are lots of concepts around. God's Word is my authority.

• Like 1

Innerfire89

The Communion Service -- is in Scripture -- the grape juice represents Christ's blood that was shed for everyone and the cracker represents His body that was beaten -- but not a bone was broken -- for us. We are to do this periodically until we are with Christ -- as a reminder of what He did for us on the cross. Only believers are to take part in it.

It's Not part of salvation -- taking part in that does Not cleanse a person of their sins.

There are those who believe in transubstantiation -- that the juice turns into Christ's blood when it is consumed ? the cracker becomes part of Jesus Christ's body was we ingest it. -- When the priest blesses it just before the person 'takes' it. That is Not in Scripture.

Nothing in Scripture saying that Eve had sex with the serpent. There are lots of concepts around. God's Word is my authority.

The verse being referenced doesn't seem to be about Holy communion but what it symbolizes. To eat his fleash and drink his blood is accepting Christ attoing sacrifice.

John 6:53-54 Jesus tells us, that anyone who doesn't eat his flesh and blood has no life in them, but those that do have eternal life.

The serpent seed doctrine uses severely twisted Scripture while ignoring the verses that prove it false. But believers of this doctrine tend to label everyone who disagrees as a seed of the serpent, so even before a conversation starts it's finished for them, may Christ open their eyes.

​​​​

​​​​​

​​​​​​