The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Banks

Our

Andrew Banks

Besides the more common "Trinity" explanation of "our image" lets examine other possibilities of the plurality of God in genesis.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 1:26-27

"In our image.... male and female"

Male and female are not one but two, however the two become one when the child leaves his parents and cleaves to his wife as they also become one. They are companions as well equal opposites much like the alpha to the omega, both are the means to the other making it whole and true.

A book by David Hanscomb "Are ye now the Sons of God?" suggest God is including his devoted (in Gods likeness) heavenly Angels that came before man and had not rebelled against God. "In our likeness" and "image" of both God and his Holy messengers.

Angels obey Gods will but not as man but to man as messengers, for no man can see the face of God and live, the image may refer to "reflection" that man should be a reflection in likeness not necessarily a copy, we dont have wings now do we?

Now notice what is said after the fall of Adam.

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever" Genesis 3:22

Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Genesis 3:23-24

Angels are eternal with God, they now have the duty of guarding the Tree of Life from man lest man with knowledge of good and evil "live forever" as they do.

Also at the confounding of tongues in babylon God again says "let us"

"Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech."

Genesis 11:7

Angels seem to be interceptive of tongues in the OT as well as the NT.

We are called to be Sons of God and "transformed" and partake of the tree of Life, this is the promise. So do we serve God and his Angels?

No, we worship God alone for the angel of revelation told John not to bow down.

Christ was literally God and literally Man as well, thats the only way for God to communicate with us on our level, through flesh in his son.

"Hear O Israel the Lord thy God is one"

Now I am ready for the stones to fly my way 😇

Andrew Banks

It would help if your read our belief and moderator announcements:

https://www.christforums.org/articles/3424-our-belief

https://www.christforums.org/article...-announcements

I'm sure you're aware that most if not all here already have heard or know of non-trinitarian arguments. Make your point and move on. This is a Trinitarian board, and one that allows sincere inquiry to the Protestant faith only.

Andrew, are you Trinitarian, yes or no? If yes, then you're more than welcome here. If no, please find another website. Please answer honestly. Yes or no will be sufficient. It is that black and white here.

God bless,

William

I am both, 1 and 3 just like it says in the trinity creed :) 3 in Unity (one) so as long as that one is in their and its not just 3 separate gods im good. We just see difference sides of the same coin.

I get along with Oneness but I dont agree with them saying Jesus was not God, and I get along with Trinitarians but I dont agree with any of them that try to explain a mystery, godliness is the mystery, I simply call out to God in Jesus name because personally it warps my mind to try and understand something to big for our little brains but I do recognise the Three in trinity, I can only approach them as titles anything else gets to scientific and you cant prove everything especially when it comes to the very makeup of the Godhead.

So I do believe im just not too into the confusing aspect of it, like I said I just call on to God in the Lords name.

On a side note, I walked into this forum that was blooming and flourishing with Trinity threads so forgive me I know not what I do.

• Like 1