The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Navy Recruits Will Soon Have to Prove They Can Run Before Boot Camp

Support

The service announced it is creating an initial fitness test for prospective sailors on their first day of boot camp.OL3xGoNaIlA

More...

Just Mike

This not a really hard thing to achieve, in 1964 all men in Naval Boot Camp.had psychical fitness training each and every day. We ran side by side with the Marines with a chain link fence between us. Naval Boot Camp was extremely difficult back then, several guys were forced to drop out in my Unite because they could not eventually meet requirements.

justme

Sue D.

Let's Hope our military are in good physical condition.

Just Mike

If we had a draft today I wonder how many would refuse to go, and how many would be rejected because they were fat and unfit. I think our Nation would be in serious trouble.

If we had a situation like WW ll I doubt we would have near as many brave men as back then. What a terrible shame.

justme

Sue D.
If we had a draft today I wonder how many would refuse to go, and how many would be rejected because they were fat and unfit. I think our Nation would be in serious trouble.

If we had a situation like WW ll I doubt we would have near as many brave men as back then. What a terrible shame.

justme

On the news yesterday or so -- the comment was made that requirements are being reconsidered for new recruits. Those who'd been previously rejected because of mental health issues earlier in life -- if they were Now in better mental health, then they could be accepted.

How many people are using recreational marijuana which would Probably influence whether they really cared What they did or saw happening around them.

I've heard that boot camp has a way of resolving the 'fat and unfit' condition of recruits.

Our military Is in sad shape --- but , then again, those who are unemployed Might find the armed forces a viable prospect for employment. A roof over their head and 3 meals a day.

Yes, all of it IS a terrible shame.

• Like 1

Chaplain Carter
Let's Hope our military are in good physical condition.

Yes, after all, they bear the sword on our behalf.

When I enlisted way back when Pharaoh told Moses to take a hike, we were expected to complete a 2 mile run within a certain time frame. (Based on your age - I think back then I had something like 16 minutes to run 2 miles, which is pretty slack.)

I know that several of my shipmates didn't make it and were held back as a result. I don't recall if any of them ever made it out or were discharged medically.

Re: A Terrible shame.

Agreed. As a nation, we are suffering both the physical and spiritual consequences of material success and achievement without honoring God in the process. There's nothing inherently wrong with success - but if we fail to recognize from whence it came, then we are fooling only ourselves and will be cursed with the consequences...Which I believe we are seeing and experiencing the beginnings of now.

In Christ,

Chaplain Carter

• Like 2

Just Mike

We are also suffering because of evil leadership from from President Obama. He is responsible for same sex marriage, Transgender men in the Armed Services. What a lasting results form his 8 years. His girls are in trouble as well now.

justme

• Like 1

Sue D.
We are also suffering because of evil leadership from from President Obama. He is responsible for same sex marriage, Transgender men in the Armed Services. What a lasting results form his 8 years. His girls are in trouble as well now.

justme

What's going on with his daughters? A bit off topic, but......

Just Mike

What's going on with his daughters? A bit off topic, but......

One was caught with weed and drinking underage. Maybe its ok with mommy a daddy.

Sue D.

One was caught with weed and drinking underage. Maybe its ok with mommy a daddy.

Ouch !! But that is so common these days. And what kind of guidance do they get from Dad and Mom. And beings who their parents have been and Are still. Lots of pressure for teens / young adults.

Just Mike

Parents who avoid the responsibility to watch teenagers, as as guilty as their young ones who get in trouble.

Sue D.
Parents who avoid the responsibility to watch teenagers, as as guilty as their young ones who get in trouble.

Part of the problem is those parents who do simply 'watch' their teens. They 'watch' them do whatever they want to do in expressing their individuality / personality. Letting kids be kids and teens be teens.