The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Writer Plans to Abort Her Baby: “It’s a Weight Off My Shoulders”

Support

A British writer told her abortion story to the women’s magazine Marie Claire this week, claiming that the painful experience of killing the “little human inside” her also was a big relief. Samantha Lewis was six weeks pregnant when she began writing the piece. By this point in her pregnancy, her unborn baby’s heart already […]

More...

ChatterBox

In some ways over here there's less of a stigma about having an abortion than there is about giving up a child for adoption, which is tragic. There seems to be a growing idea that a child is better off dead than being raised by people who aren't their parents.

One problem is that adoption procedures in the UK seems to be far behind those in the US. The hospital and social workers will immediately try to place the child with the mother or relatives rather than managing an adoption, and very few children are allowed to be surrendered for adoption as babies, instead going into foster care sometimes for years in case the parent wants them back - which makes it harder for them to find and settle with adoptive families. There are also stupidly strict rules about who can adopt which means children can't find families. BabyAdoptionAssist covers some of the problems.

There's an article from the Telegraph a few years ago, pointing out that pregnant women are effectively funneled towards abortion by the NHS processes. Things haven't changed much.