The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Uh-Oh: John MacArthur Hosted A Women Pastors’ Conference, But It Was A Trap

John MacArthur’s always at least two steps ahead of the rest of us! Claiming he was reaching across the aisle of evangelicalism, MacArthur recently announced he would be hosting a conference for women pastors this week. The event website invited “female pastors of all stripes” to the three-day conference at a rented warehouse in Culver […]

. . . finish reading Uh-Oh: John MacArthur Hosted A Women Pastors’ Conference, But It Was A Trap.

More...

Oh my, oh my , oh my -- but on a more serious note, we Do need to observe God's guidelines for preachers / elders / deacons. Men Only.

• Like 2

We send women to the mission field without a man. Yet Southern Baptist will not Ordain them, is this right? Some churches allow women to teach Sunday School clear up to college age, but not in adult mixed classes. Can a woman serve as a director of music ministry? Can a woman serve as a Youth pastor? Can a woman serve as anything but a paid secretary in a church? Does there appear to be something wrong with these things?

How does Galatians 3:28 fit into all these examples above?

justme

We send women to the mission field without a man. Yet Southern Baptist will not Ordain them, is this right? Some churches allow women to teach Sunday School clear up to college age, but not in adult mixed classes. Can a woman serve as a director of music ministry? Can a woman serve as a Youth pastor? Can a woman serve as anything but a paid secretary in a church? Does there appear to be something wrong with these things?

How does Galatians 3:28 fit into all these examples above?

justme

This verse says that we are all one in Christ Jesus -- those who accept Jesus Christ as Savior. No favoritism.

And, yes, there Are women sent to the mission field -- but what is there role there? teacher, medical personnel?

What about Men applying for mission service?

That which some churches Allow maybe shouldn't Be allowed. Yes, and Not in adult mixed classes.

There Are lots of talented women -- so -- have them serve women's groups - women's classes --women's retreats.

Where are the Men? God gives us His guidelines for Our well-being. Men are Supposed to be the spiritual leaders.

Not a Popular perspective, but a Biblical one.

There are many churches where men have abandoned their spiritual duty. I am not advocating any position, I am only stating things i have witnessed.

Not many people know that in the early 1800 our country had large numbers of couples living together across the country. Largely because there were no ministers, or churches to perform marriages, or baptisms. Christianity was non existent in many western places. Women missionaries started Mission Sunday Schools. The revival that took place back then was basically started by women.

When men won't do what God intends for them to do, women often have to step in until a man will. Its a really sad fact, and Christian men will be judged for this.

I see no problem for a husband and wife team to teach a mixed class of teens to adults.

justme

Okay -- a husband and wife team would be good. Teens need to see husband/ wives working well together. As do young married couples.