The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Have you ever butchered an animal for meat?

Just Mike

Butchering an animal for food brings the reality of how serious eating meat really is. How does butchering effect what you eat? Ever have to butcher a animal that you or your family was attached to?

When shopping at the store and buying some ground beef do you ever think about what it took for that meat to get to your table?

justme

• Like 1

DPMartin

the Lord said:

Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. :2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. 4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

hence to all the sons of Noah, (meaning everyone today) has God's blessing to eat meat.

even after Moses the priests were required to eat portions of the lamb including the individuals who offered it.

the OP sounds like those who think their judgement of what is good for God's creation is better than God's Judgement of what is good for His creation and the creatures therein. if meat nauseates one then don 't eat it. flesh is of the earth and returns to the earth, no matter what.

your not trying to tell us that your judgement of what is good, is greater than God's Judgment of what is good are you?

Sue D.

How do you think the pioneers got their meet? They survived on what they shot, butchered and ate and what they grew in their gardens.

Unless a person is a vegetarian , we eat chicken , turkey, deer, pigs, cattle , fish, rabbit. The farm is a good place for kids to learn about growing animals for food. Some animals are pets and others for butchering and eating.

All meats need to be cooked properly especially pork.

Just Mike

Acts 10:11-15 God directly told Peter what to eat in verse 12. So if one so wants to avoid eating these animals, crawling creatures, and birds it becomes a matter of choice, There is nothing un-biblical about eating those things.Common reason surly directs there are some things we are much better off avoiding, but if giving thanks to the Lord even things like rattle snake is ok.

Today many people worship the creation much more than the Creator Almighty God. Romans 1:22-23. So called "Mother Earth" is mentioned in so many Science classes starting in first grade. So God Almighty has been replaced by Darwinism and Mother Earth. This comes with with God "gave them over", When ungodly people think there is no consequences for their sinful lives they are very wrong.

justme

• Like 1

DPMartin
Acts 10:11-15 God directly told Peter what to eat in verse 12. So if one so wants to avoid eating these animals, crawling creatures, and birds it becomes a matter of choice, There is nothing un-biblical about eating those things.Common reason surly directs there are some things we are much better off avoiding, but if giving thanks to the Lord even things like rattle snake is ok.

Today many people worship the creation much more than the Creator Almighty God. Romans 1:22-23. So called "Mother Earth" is mentioned in so many Science classes starting in first grade. So God Almighty has been replaced by Darwinism and Mother Earth. This comes with with God "gave them over", When ungodly people think there is no consequences for their sinful lives they are very wrong.

justme

well anyone who lives in the US knows this. thing is, is there anything the Lord would have us do about it. surly one would try to preserve the right to teach and have their children taught as they would have them taught. no acceptable curriculum to be recognized is without acknowledgment of Darwinism and "Mother Earth".

the answers on the test require acknowledgment of their beliefs, or you fail.

Just Mike

In California, according to what I have read here in Missouri, and those living in California would have to verify this; first graders are now being taught about having two mothers or two fathers. Meaning homosexual homes with children. Also transgenderd parents being together, much like what Catlyn Jenner who looks so silly in women's clothes. No matter what he had removed surgically he is still a male. This is one more lie being told to people who are dissatisfied withe their gender that God assigned them to be. This is so perverted, and to teach to small children is WICKED! OH my these poor children just how will they turn out as adults?

justme

Sue D.

Isn't California one of the most liberal states in this nation?! It has been said that it's more effective to reach the small kids in school with books -- parents are often reached through their kids. Encouraged to read to their kids. It's very subtle how the homosexual life style is being integrated into Society. Well -- maybe not so 'subtle' -- it's Trying really hard to get to the still innocent segment of society. And some of the thought process is that there are already So Many people in the world. It won't really matter if same-sex people can't have kids naturally. And there are other ways for couples to have kids. Sometimes it's simply heterosexual couples that break up and go with other same-sex partners. And there Is invitro fertilization for women. It's sickening but getting more prevelent.

• Like 1

Innerfire89

Factory farming is pretty twisted simply because people don't think about where there food is coming from. They just eat it as if it came from nowhere. The poultry industry is the most twisted out of the others.

I've never slautered an animal, unless fish count.

DPMartin
No for "meat", but for curiosity sake....

I remember my first kill. A cute furry groundhog running 300 meters in front of me through a corn field. I remember them furry big paws with padded cute toes kicking up dust in his trail. I drew my .22 rifle and put him in the cross hairs to rest. Blew a whistle and he stopped and then stood up on his hind legs like he asked, "what's going on?", that's when I immediately squeezed the trigger. He somersaulted through the air. I ran up on him, my adrenaline got the best of me and my heart was racing. My pupils were probably a mile wide as I just scored my first kill shot. Moments later saw him laying there gasping for breath, blood spewing from his rear hind quarters. That's when curiosity over took me. I pulled out my Rambo knife, and stuck him in his lower ab, and pulled up severing his underbelly until I stopped at the throat while whispering in his ear, "shhhhhh, it'll be over soon". His bowls spilled out but I put them to the side. I reached into his warm body with my hand and could feel a pulsating. It was his heart, I felt it on the edge of my fingers as it beat rapidly increasing in rate. I had to dig in and reach up but I finally grasped at the organ and ripped it from his chest cavity as his beady little eyes dilated. The heart still beat in the palm of my hand. How precious was life!

Joking, this is my sick way of practicing creepy story telling. Needlessly said, I used to enjoy story time when my daughter actually wanted daddy to tell her a bed time story. I can't imagine why she stopped asking me?

You'll have to excuse my humor, my doctor says I'm feeling much better now, snort snort laugh :RpS_lol:

God bless,

William

your ok William no matter what they say about you. the Rambo knife was a nice touch.

• Like 1

DPMartin
In California, according to what I have read here in Missouri, and those living in California would have to verify this; first graders are now being taught about having two mothers or two fathers. Meaning homosexual homes with children. Also transgenderd parents being together, much like what Catlyn Jenner who looks so silly in women's clothes. No matter what he had removed surgically he is still a male. This is one more lie being told to people who are dissatisfied withe their gender that God assigned them to be. This is so perverted, and to teach to small children is WICKED! OH my these poor children just how will they turn out as adults?

justme

its not going to be pretty that's for sure. it really comes down to who do you trust, and in the case of children its going to be tough for parents to keep their children's trust, the school does its best to teach kids that the state (the schools and the institutions that participate in this) is the one to be trusted. by the authority of the law they have reached into the family unite and taken charge of it.

which is a method that most communist countries have use including Hitler. you reach into the youth of a nation and teach them what is true and what isn't and who they should trust and believe. within ten years you have a nation that is ready for what you made them to be, and you imprison the rest that don't follow.

this country isn't going to wake up from this any time soon.

DPMartin
Factory farming is pretty twisted simply because people don't think about where there food is coming from. They just eat it as if it came from nowhere. The poultry industry is the most twisted out of the others.

I've never slautered an animal, unless fish count.

I don't know about that, factory farming is all about the cost. the poor don't eat chicken if its done any other way. if you got the time and money to put a chicken on a leash and feed it accordingly then cut its head off and watch it run around until it stops, and hope some nut job doesn't try to sue you for abuse to animals, go for it. but if you want others to do that for you, then settle for the most efficient way or you will pay for it at the grocery store. and most of the time they just jack the price and say this and that and didn't do any of it, because you can't prove they're lying.

Innerfire89

I don't know about that, factory farming is all about the cost. the poor don't eat chicken if its done any other way. if you got the time and money to put a chicken on a leash and feed it accordingly then cut its head off and watch it run around until it stops, and hope some nut job doesn't try to sue you for abuse to animals, go for it. but if you want others to do that for you, then settle for the most efficient way or you will pay for it at the grocery store. and most of the time they just jack the price and say this and that and didn't do any of it, because you can't prove they're lying.

The twisted part I'm referring to is that many farmers are under contract to keep the chicken away from sunlight, crowed together so they do nothing but eat and sit. The genetics of the chickens are played around with so much that they can hardly stand because their bodies are too heavy. Then you have the beauty of chick culliing, they can't use most of the male chicks so they throw them in a grinder or a garbage can. That's twisted, that's taking God's creation and treating it as it were nothing, removing the natural from nature.

I've eaten chicken and have been poor most of my life, I'm not impressed with it, it's was my least favorite thing to eat.

It's pretty simple to see sin that consumerism and gluttony make the world a disgusting place to live.

DPMartin

The twisted part I'm referring to is that many farmers are under contract to keep the chicken away from sunlight, crowed together so they do nothing but eat and sit. The genetics of the chickens are played around with so much that they can hardly stand because their bodies are too heavy. Then you have the beauty of chick culliing, they can't use most of the male chicks so they throw them in a grinder or a garbage can. That's twisted, that's taking God's creation and treating it as it were nothing, removing the natural from nature.

I've eaten chicken and have been poor most of my life, I'm not impressed with it, it's was my least favorite thing to eat.

It's pretty simple to see sin that consumerism and gluttony make the world a disgusting place to live.

put a little BBQ sauce on it, you'll never know.

hay, no matter what is done under the sun by men, some do it in a up-right and just manor and some don't. human nature is what it is, just be glad they would loss money and go to jail if they poisoned you do to some neglect on their part. there will always be the unscrupulous involved with any industry that pays.

• Like 1

Just Mike
No for "meat", but for curiosity sake....

I remember my first kill. A cute furry groundhog running 300 meters in front of me through a corn field. I remember them furry big paws with padded cute toes kicking up dust in his trail. I drew my .22 rifle and put him in the cross hairs to rest. Blew a whistle and he stopped and then stood up on his hind legs like he asked, "what's going on?", that's when I immediately squeezed the trigger. He somersaulted through the air. I ran up on him, my adrenaline got the best of me and my heart was racing. My pupils were probably a mile wide as I just scored my first kill shot. Moments later saw him laying there gasping for breath, blood spewing from his rear hind quarters. That's when curiosity over took me. I pulled out my Rambo knife, and stuck him in his lower ab, and pulled up severing his underbelly until I stopped at the throat while whispering in his ear, "shhhhhh, it'll be over soon". His bowls spilled out but I put them to the side. I reached into his warm body with my hand and could feel a pulsating. It was his heart, I felt it on the edge of my fingers as it beat rapidly increasing in rate. I had to dig in and reach up but I finally grasped at the organ and ripped it from his chest cavity as his beady little eyes dilated. The heart still beat in the palm of my hand. How precious was life!

Joking, this is my sick way of practicing creepy story telling. Needlessly said, I used to enjoy story time when my daughter actually wanted daddy to tell her a bed time story. I can't imagine why she stopped asking me?

You'll have to excuse my humor, my doctor says I'm feeling much better now, snort snort laugh :RpS_lol:

God bless,

William

William, very few can write, and tell a story that is believable like you tell it. I would seriously consider this a God given talent. You should consider writing for $.

justme

• Like 2

Just Mike

Tyson not only does chickens, but pigs, and I think cattle. It is crowded, and they are fed some of the things if you raised chickens you would not feed it to them.

justme

• Like 2

ChatterBox
Butchering an animal for food brings the reality of how serious eating meat really is. How does butchering effect what you eat? Ever have to butcher a animal that you or your family was attached to?

When shopping at the store and buying some ground beef do you ever think about what it took for that meat to get to your table?

I grew up in farming country. If I didn't know what it took to get food on the table, I'd have to have been particularly oblivious. I still dislike factory farming intensely, but then growing up around traditional farms that's not surprising.

@DPMartin, I'm not sure why you talk about chickens on leashes. Free range ones don't fly well and a hedge keeps them in and grubbing for food quite happily. If you have the knack, a sharp movement (colloquially called 'wringing their neck', but actually instantly dislocating the spine one-handed) will kill them instantly without pain or the trauma of cutting heads off. It works for rabbits as well.

I don't have a problem with humans having authority over animals. I do have a problem with people who abuse that authority, cause unnecessary suffering, or people who forget where their food comes from.

• Like 4

Innerfire89
I grew up in farming country. If I didn't know what it took to get food on the table, I'd have to have been particularly oblivious. I still dislike factory farming intensely, but then growing up around traditional farms that's not surprising.

@DPMartin, I'm not sure why you talk about chickens on leashes. Free range ones don't fly well and a hedge keeps them in and grubbing for food quite happily. If you have the knack, a sharp movement (colloquially called 'wringing their neck', but actually instantly dislocating the spine one-handed) will kill them instantly without pain or the trauma of cutting heads off. It works for rabbits as well.

I don't have a problem with humans having authority over animals. I do have a problem with people who abuse that authority, cause unnecessary suffering, or people who forget where their food comes from.

All the people I know that raise chickens don't have to do much of anything, just feed them and provide a spot for them to sleep and lay eggs, and maybe keep the rosters separate.

I actually had a chicken that got away from a Tyson's plant, it grew freakishly large and hardly moved, it lived for about 4 years.

• Like 1

Just Mike

Innerfire89: Where we live chickens have to have shelter, a pen to run in with chicken wire on the sides and top. The hawks ,drop off Dogs, Bob Cats, and Mountain Lions, and Black Rat snakes all are looking for a chicken dinner. We have lost chickens to everything I have mentioned. There is nothing more discouraging than finding the remains of a chicken you raised from a day old chicken. Some day old chicks cost $2 to $4 depending on the breed, by the time a chicken starts laying you have close to $14 to $20. in it. When you add up the cost of feed, and other things to raise chickesn for their eggs, it winds up that a dozen eggs really cost about $3. to $4. a dozen. A Silkie chicken make the best moms, they are a small chicken but can sit on eight eggs and hatch them all.

We sorta gave up on our chickens a few years back. I have recently made a double row of eight nesting boxes with perches. We changed the location of the coop closer to the house, we have fenced it in and now we have to build the chicken house. I am taking my time and making it too last longer. W hope to wind up having 12 chickens just for meat, and 8 eight layers.

So what I am saying, yes it does take a good amount of work if you want good eggs and great chicken to eat.

justme

• Like 1

Innerfire89
Innerfire89: Where we live chickens have to have shelter, a pen to run in with chicken wire on the sides and top. The hawks ,drop off Dogs, Bob Cats, and Mountain Lions, and Black Rat snakes all are looking for a chicken dinner. We have lost chickens to everything I have mentioned. There is nothing more discouraging than finding the remains of a chicken you raised from a day old chicken. Some day old chicks cost $2 to $4 depending on the breed, by the time a chicken starts laying you have close to $14 to $20. in it. When you add up the cost of feed, and other things to raise chickesn for their eggs, it winds up that a dozen eggs really cost about $3. to $4. a dozen. A Silkie chicken make the best moms, they are a small chicken but can sit on eight eggs and hatch them all.

We sorta gave up on our chickens a few years back. I have recently made a double row of eight nesting boxes with perches. We changed the location of the coop closer to the house, we have fenced it in and now we have to build the chicken house. I am taking my time and making it too last longer. W hope to wind up having 12 chickens just for meat, and 8 eight layers.

So what I am saying, yes it does take a good amount of work if you want good eggs and great chicken to eat.

justme

Now I didn't mean there was no work involved in raising and keeping the chickens safe from predators, all I'm saying is that closed inside with no sunlight and space to move. I live out in Mississippi, we have dogs, raccoons, hawks, snakes, and even people are a problem sometimes.

Do you have a dog? Having an outdoor dog or two can be helpful. Cats are good to have too.

Just Mike

Now I didn't mean there was no work involved in raising and keeping the chickens safe from predators, all I'm saying is that closed inside with no sunlight and space to move. I live out in Mississippi, we have dogs, raccoons, hawks, snakes, and even people are a problem sometimes.

Do you have a dog? Having an outdoor dog or two can be helpful. Cats are good to have too.

We has four dogs and all but died, old age. Now we have a 13 year old female small dog, inside pet. We have 6 cats and four are older. Two are kittens and sisters. WE allow our older female to come in when she wants to, mostly at night she sleeps at the bottom of our bed. All our animals have flea treatment and the rest of meds needed for health, Three are mouser cays and one goes after squirrels, rabbits, and small rodents.

I have a sying that if someone does not like cats and dogs there is something I get about them. People who like both seem to always become good friends. Fogs and cats know if you don't like or trust them.

• Like 1