The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
fairystar

Hunting

fairystar

what do you think of animal hunting?I think animal hunting is wrong,why kill a beautiful animal for the fun of it and why kill a beautiful creature to begin with?I'm an animal lover,I love all beautiful creatures and they deserve to live a peaceful life just like we deserve to live on earth peacefully.

• Like 1

DPMartin
what do you think of animal hunting?I think animal hunting is wrong,why kill a beautiful animal for the fun of it and why kill a beautiful creature to begin with?I'm an animal lover,I love all beautiful creatures and they deserve to live a peaceful life just like we deserve to live on earth peacefully.

then don't hunt

• Like 2

Just Mike

Dear fairystar; Where do you think the mneat you get at the store comes from? Ever know someone that has hit a deer with their vehicle? many people have their vehicles severely damaged by deer running in front of them. Here where I live every so often a deer goes into a windshield and kills the driver. Unless deer are harvested they would over run some places. Deer meat is the healthiest meat.

Do you eat turkey at thanksgiving? I understand your thinking, but a better balance in understanding all this might be better.

justme

• Like 1

fairystar

then don't hunt

I don't hunt

DPMartin

I don't hunt

then what's your point? did you find people that don't do what you don't think is good? man has been hunting for just about as long as he's walked the earth, some maintain the tradition for their own reasons, some do it to maintain survival in their own view. doesn't matter ether way as long as they aren't hunting your property (the animals you own) why should it matter to you?

Innerfire89

The animals are given to us by God as food. But that doesn't mean we can't care about animals. Cruelty is cruelty.

Now the sad truth about the world we live in is that animals died a lot. Even building a farm for vegetables results in the death of animals, simply because the space used for farming takes away the habitat for the animals who once lived there. Because of all the space we take up there's much, much less room for animals, like deer, and if they're not hunted the deer would starve. At one time America had wild horses, they're almost extinct now, many of them were captured and taken to a slaughter house.

​​​​​​​We have to let Scripture be our guide.

Genesis 9:1-3 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon the earth, and upon everything beast of the earth, and every bird of the air, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea; into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Proverbs 12:10

A righteous man cares for the need of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

​​​​​​​So, the animials are for our benefit and enjoyment, but cruelty and meaningless killing is wicked.

• Like 1

Dutch

Yes that's right animals were put here for man's use for food and clothing. All the hunters I know hunt for food and not just for sport.

• Like 3

Innerfire89

​​​​​​I think Noah is a pretty good example of how we're to treat animals. He took care of lots of em, obviously quite good care. Imagine having the animals that would re populate the world placed under your care by God.

sonofason
what do you think of animal hunting?I think animal hunting is wrong,why kill a beautiful animal for the fun of it and why kill a beautiful creature to begin with?I'm an animal lover, I love all beautiful creatures and they deserve to live a peaceful life just like we deserve to live on earth peacefully.

I personally am somewhat offended when people hunt just for the fun of it. Killing isn't something that I believe should ever be considered fun. Yet, I remember how I loved to go fishing. It's not that I loved killing fish. I loved the whole experience, the getting everything ready, launching the boat, the day, the air, the water, the boat ride, the lunch...the everything associated with a fishing trip, as well as the catching of the fish. It's fun. And so I can see how hunting can too be considered fun. So yes, we went fishing for the fun of it. It's not like we needed food or anything; we weren't starving. I'm sure the supermarkets were all in stock, and probably had fish, if fish is what we wanted. No we went fishing, and killed fish for the fun of it. And then we went home and we cleaned the fish we caught, and we ate it. And it was always very good. And we could tell ourselves that we weren't just fishing for fun, but also for a very practical reason, for food.

Sometimes I come across people fishing, and they're really just fishing for fun. They set the hook in the fishes gills, bring him up, remove the hook, and throw him back in the water. I kinda had a problem with this. It seemed cruel to put an animal through so much anguish just for personal enjoyment. It sometimes seems they should be eating those fish they catch. Well, over the years, I've realized that all the fishing I've done was just for fun. Yes I ate the fish, but I went fishing for the fun of it, not just to have a fish dinner. And those guys throwing the fish back, well, they're just having fun too, and the fish get to live another day.

I think it is good to respect the life of all creatures, but I do not believe any creature necessarily deserves to live a peaceful life. No, I don't believe anyone necessarily deserves to live peacefully on earth. The truth is, if a fish is too dumb to notice the hook he's about to swallow, he likely deserves to be eaten. If a man determines to build his home on a tectonic plate fault line, he likely deserves to have his home demolished by an earthquake. But please forgive me...I can be a little insensitive when it comes to these things. I believe people usually deserve exactly what they get.

• Like 1

fairystar

I personally am somewhat offended when people hunt just for the fun of it. Killing isn't something that I believe should ever be considered fun. Yet, I remember how I loved to go fishing. It's not that I loved killing fish. I loved the whole experience, the getting everything ready, launching the boat, the day, the air, the water, the boat ride, the lunch...the everything associated with a fishing trip, as well as the catching of the fish. It's fun. And so I can see how hunting can too be considered fun. So yes, we went fishing for the fun of it. It's not like we needed food or anything; we weren't starving. I'm sure the supermarkets were all in stock, and probably had fish, if fish is what we wanted. No we went fishing, and killed fish for the fun of it. And then we went home and we cleaned the fish we caught, and we ate it. And it was always very good. And we could tell ourselves that we weren't just fishing for fun, but also for a very practical reason, for food.

Sometimes I come across people fishing, and they're really just fishing for fun. They set the hook in the fishes gills, bring him up, remove the hook, and throw him back in the water. I kinda had a problem with this. It seemed cruel to put an animal through so much anguish just for personal enjoyment. It sometimes seems they should be eating those fish they catch. Well, over the years, I've realized that all the fishing I've done was just for fun. Yes I ate the fish, but I went fishing for the fun of it, not just to have a fish dinner. And those guys throwing the fish back, well, they're just having fun too, and the fish get to live another day.

I think it is good to respect the life of all creatures, but I do not believe any creature necessarily deserves to live a peaceful life. No, I don't believe anyone necessarily deserves to live peacefully on earth. The truth is, if a fish is too dumb to notice the hook he's about to swallow, he likely deserves to be eaten. If a man determines to build his home on a tectonic plate fault line, he likely deserves to have his home demolished by an earthquake. But please forgive me...I can be a little insensitive when it comes to these things. I believe people usually deserve exactly what they get.

Yes I believe people do deserve what they get,especially bad and evil people

Paoli B.

We have lived for 8 years in a remote area in Northern Canada.

Our next door neighbour was 10 miles away.

He raised a family with 5 children on moose, bear, deer, and other meat.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

He made a living as a trapper during the winter months.

I think hunting for trophies should be a no-no.

• Like 1

Just Mike

About 6 miles away from where we live is a place where trophy hunters can hunt for exotic deer from around the World. They charge $5,000.00 for one deer kill. We call it a deer prison, as the place has 10' high fence all around the 300 acre hunting grounds. When to large 300 acre section was sold no one knew this would be used to hunt deer. Many natural Whitetailed deer were captured when the fence was erected, which some believed should have been let go as they were never released and should have been.

Only the wealthy hunt here for "trophy hunting only".

• Like 1

Paoli B.

In our area almost everybody hunts during the fall.

They take the meat and the rest goes to the taxidermist.

Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

Matto

Without hunting man would have died off long ago, so thank a hunter today.

Matto
In our area almost everybody hunts during the fall.

They take the meat and the rest goes to the taxidermist.

Nothing wrong with that.

Taxidermist? Waste of money, take a photo and hang that on the wall I says.