The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Texas Shooting Raises the Question, 'Does Prayer Work?'

In response to the mass shooting in the Texas church this Sunday that killed 26 people, many Americans are questioning the efficacy of prayer. If praying actually worked, wouldn’t the churchgoers still be alive?

More...

Our desires and prayer requests are always with the understanding that His will be done. Sometimes things happen like the 26 people killed and 20 wounded in Texas that is beyond our understanding. However FAITH requires that we TRUST that God is in total control. Its not easy and emotional pain and suffering's are the times we have the choice to TRUST in FAITH. Now is that time.

justme

• Like 3

That was a good article -- praying is our talking with God about everything. Being killed in a church while praying / worshiping God -- what a wonderful time and place To Be -- immediately in the presence of the Person you've been talking with and worshiping.

God uses what ever events He allows to bring people closer to Himself -- to enable loving people to 'love on' their friends/ relatives/ neighbors.

Could God have prevented the shooting? He is all-powerful -- so yes He could have. He chose to allow the man to do what he did. And, how many people might be coming to Him as a result of the love being shown and the spirit of those who've lost loved ones.

No one enjoys emotional pain / suffering -- but we 'grow' through trails / tribulations in life.

• Like 1

I can't address what happened in Texas, it would be wrong to even suggest what could have happened, should have happened, or to question so many "why's". I can only do my part to help prevent such a tragic event to the best of my ability at my home and as much as its up to me, to encourage our church to take precautions to do their best to be prepared to prevent such a event happening at our church. God willing.

justme