The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

The Unstoppable evolutionary juggernaut?

Support

With the secular evolutionary agenda gaining such momentum, it may be tempting to think 'it's Game over'. But look behind the showiness and bravado, and the claims are empty.

More...

DPMartin

you know if you actually said something besides posting links you just might get topic continuances and not just starters. anyone can find this tuff if they are so inclined what's your point?

most conversations on this are one on one, and a matter of who do you trust. pagans where taught what was true back in Paul's day and I don't see any references to who or what evolution is or the origin of things discussed in his writings, other than his presumptions of God the creator and through His Word all was made, do you? it doesn't really matter what a non believer believes, should the Lord reveal the Truth of Himself to someone, then that person believes in God, and must learn what that is and means after that.

if you care about the society that isn't the Kingdom of God you loss the effectiveness in Christ. Jesus came to receive His Kingdom that has no end. therefore its the Kingdom that is to be served and cared about.

theophilus

Sometimes the debate over creation and evolution makes me think of the parable of the wheat and the weeds. Both grew until the time of harvest.

• Like 1

DPMartin

DPMartin,

"Christforums" is not an actual person, but rather an automated forum News Feeder that can post news to the site. Responding will you get you nowhere because we don't have A.I. implemented on the site so the account isn't smart enough to respond.

Everyday, every 12 hours the News Feeder reads the latest articles from selected sites and then posts them here on this site. If you have news sources that allow RSS and you'd like to see them on this site, lemme know. Feel free to forward the proposed sites in the Questions and Suggestions subforum under Updates and Info.

The purpose of having news feeder is to supply interesting content which may be topic starters to discuss the various subjects. Not to mention we're trying to gain interests from others so this can be a place where latest news is discovered.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tNews Feeder.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t29.7 KB ID:\t54078","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"54078","data-size":"custom","height":"539","width":"273"}[/ATTACH]

God bless,

William

if you notice you've just responded, telling me what I should let you know. so actually you did get the message didn't you? WOW you've got to get your head out of the computer once an a while. no one and especially Christian really want to respond to computers, and computer generated garble about there God and their beliefs. no need for AI . if the people doing what your are doing think like computers, isn't that so? you do know computers are a garbage in garbage out system correct? again we know how to use a computer to find info on subject of interest, we don't need a computer to do it for us. and then have no one to respond to, just how stupid is that anyway.

the Lord God is about the Living not about what inanimate objects can do.