The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
fairystar

Favorite show or shows

There's not much on TV that I care to watch. Bob's Burgers, King of the Hill, and King of Queens are alright.

I actually don't use cable or dish, I just use an anntena and 13 channels for free. But there's a few interesting shows I know of on the discovery channel, and there's old Star Trek reruns on another.

• Like 1

I don't watch much TV either. My wife and I like the old classic films on TCM. One of the best shows that just popped into my head is the Christian show called Wretched. There is a great deal of garbage that gets broadcast on so-called religious channels so you have to be able to find the wheat among the chaff. But, there is good stuff out there and Wretched on one of them, I think.

Here's a typical example of the show:

https://www.wretched.org/witness-wednesday-presenting-gospel/

• Like 1

I don't watch much TV either. My wife and I like the old classic films on TCM. One of the best shows that just popped into my head is the Christian show called Wretched. There is a great deal of garbage that gets broadcast on so-called religious channels so you have to be able to find the wheat among the chaff. But, there is good stuff out there and Wretched on one of them, I think.

Here's a typical example of the show:

https://www.wretched.org/witness-wednesday-presenting-gospel/

I watch Wretched on YouTube, Todd isn't scared to call out false teachers and sticks to sound teachings.

• Like 1

Todd isn't scared to call out false teachers and sticks to sound teachings.

Yes, my wife and I have noticed that. We like him. His delivery, although on a serious topic is often done in a funny way which makes him appealing, I think.

• Like 2

I watch Wretched on YouTube, Todd isn't scared to call out false teachers and sticks to sound teachings.

He is cool I also like James White’s YouTube channel. Both are great!

Blessings

Bill

• Like 1

I also like James White’s YouTube channel

Yeah, I also like James White. I am not much of a YouTuber so I didn't know White had a channel, but now that I think of it, he would. I'll have to check it out.

• Like 1