The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Abortion Advocate on Pro-Life People: “Only Religious Zealots” Oppose Abortion

Support

In a [Minneapolis] Star Tribune opinion piece, local writer Bonnie Blodgett attributes the pro-life view to “only religious zealots.” Other pro-choice advocates routinely dismiss the pro-life position on the grounds that it is a mere religious belief and therefore may not be “imposed” on our pluralistic society. No appeal to religion This claim is mistaken […]

More...

Just Mike

The murdering of babies is a wicked, evil business. When money is involved people will justify just about any source of income, even murdering babies.

justme

Dutch

You don't have to be a religious "zealot" to oppose murder. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows that the taking of innocent life is murder.

• Like 1

Just Mike
You don't have to be a religious "zealot" to oppose murder. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows that the taking of innocent life is murder.

About 55 million babies in the womb,less than 9 months old have been murdered by women who had intelligence enough to make the choice to kill their babies. So being smart and intelligence has nothing to do with aborting a child. What does it take to murder your child? A hard hart, that circumstances over rules everything to become willing to murder a baby. The consequences of having a abortion are physical problems that can damage a woman's reproductive capabilities, lasting emotional and mental problems, say nothing about her spiritual problems.

When I was a pastor.a woman that had an abortion, came in for counseling. She had an abortion about 10 years ago, while living with a man a few years before meeting her husband. She was haunted by what she had done. She said se was sure no one else in the church had ever had an abortion, and shame was killing her inside, her live was falling apart inside. She had told her husband before they got engaged, so this was guilt and she was suffering over murdering her baby.

I went over 1 John 1:9. she confesses again her sin with me there, and she told God she knew it was sin, and would never get a abortion ever again, she asked for forgiveness and thanked God for her forgiveness. She left my office believing God had made her clean . This woman had felt no one would understand her sin. But Jesus is an awesome God and healed her wounded relationship.

God is Good, all the time for His children.

justme

• Like 1

Dutch

They knew it was wrong but chose to act against what they knew.It isn't not knowing it is knowing and choosing to act against what they knew.Spent my entire youth acting against what I knew was right.

• Like 1

Dutch

Yes God is good to his children all of the time, even when we are suffering (or especially when we are suffering).