The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
fairystar

Prayer request for my boyfriend and I

Please pray for my boyfriend and me we are going through a rough time right now he has been very distant with me and I don't want to lose him.

• Like 1

Please pray for my boyfriend and me we are going through a rough time right now he has been very distant with me and I don't want to lose him.

Funny how some adults still classify their relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend. Then there is the man in your life, or soulmate. I'm probably not helping.

Hope it all wotks out , but fairystar? What was wrong with "angelflower" or something less worldly or occultic?

Funny how some adults still classify their relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend. Then there is the man in your life, or soulmate. I'm probably not helping.

Hope it all wotks out , but fairystar? What was wrong with "angelflower" or something less worldly or occultic?

What is worldly or occultic about 'fairystar'?

No, you're not really helping.

And, now, I'm trying to answer For her.

Hi 'fairystar'.

• Like 1

What is worldly or occultic about 'fairystar'?

No, you're not really helping.

And, now, I'm trying to answer For her.

Hi 'fairystar'.

Hi Sue D.

In answer to your question I hope this quote from Wikipedia and these verses from the Bible will give you a clue:

"The occult (from the Latin word occultus "clandestine, hidden, secret") is "knowledge of the hidden". In common English usage, occult refers to "knowledge of the paranormal", as opposed to "knowledge of the measurable", usually referred to as science. The term is sometimes taken to mean knowledge that "is meant only for certain people" or that "must be kept hidden", but for most practicing occultists it is simply the study of a deeper spiritual reality that extends beyond pure reason and the physical sciences.The terms esoteric and arcane can also be used to describe the occult, in addition to their meanings unrelated to the supernatural.

It also describes a number of magical organizations or orders, the teachings and practices taught by them, and to a large body of current and historical literature and spiritual philosophy related to this subject."

(1Ti 1:1-4) [PAGANISM]

(1) Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

(2) Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

(3) As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that you might charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

(4) Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

(1Ti 4:1) [NEW AGE]

(1) Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

(1Ti 4:7) [FAIRY TALES]

(7) But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself rather unto godliness.

(Eph 6:10-12) [DEMONIC POWERS]

(10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

(11) Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

(12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

(2Co 6:14-18) [iNSTRUCTIONS TO MAINTAIN SANCTIFICATION]

(14) Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness?

(15) And what concord has Christ with Belial? or what part has he that believes with an infidel?

(16) And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

(17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be you separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

(18) And will be a Father unto you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

A genuine Christian has no business giving place to witchcraft and fairies but rather needs to heed sound Biblical doctrine.

(Act 19:18-19) [WORKS OF REPENTANCE]

(18) And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.

(19) Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

Now I'm being really helpful...

@Placable37 what is Your 'name' based on? So apparently these anonymous names we go by have to have some Good message to them or they shouldn't be used? (actually mine isn't anonymous) Just curious.
  • Like 1

@Placable37 what is Your 'name' based on? So apparently these anonymous names we go by have to have some Good message to them or they shouldn't be used? (actually mine isn't anonymous) Just curious.

Hi Sue my name is Tonya and my boyfriend's name is Gary

• Like 1

This wasn't a good way to welcome someone into the forum, and I think it was rather tasteless to criticize them during a prayer request.

God bless,

William

thank you William

and god bless you too

This wasn't a good way to welcome someone into the forum, and I think it was rather tasteless to criticize them during a prayer request.

God bless,

William

Apologies to all if I have transgressed, and been unhelpful in the first instance, but the OP seemed to be from a "new ager" who was not actually an adult as claimed, and I gently chided to explore this hypothesis.

• Like 3

Apologies to all if I have transgressed, and been unhelpful in the first instance, but the OP seemed to be from a "new ager" who was not actually an adult as claimed.

Thank you I appreciate it and apology accepted

• Like 2

Hi Sue D,

Firstly, my user name comes from this scripture which describes heavenly wisdom as easy to be intreated (or entreated) as opposed to earthly wisdom which is previously described as sensual and devilish.

(Jas 3:17)

(17) But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated (compliant, placable, co-operative), full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Matthew Henry's Commentary On The Whole Bible.

Heavenly wisdom is easy to be entreated, eupeithēs; it is very persuadable, either to what is good or from what is evil. There is an easiness that is weak and faulty; but it is not a blamable easiness to yield ourselves to the persuasions of God's word, and to all just and reasonable counsels or requests of our fellow-creatures; no, nor to give up a dispute, where there appears a good reason for it and where a good end may be answered by it.

Throughout the Bible the number 3 speaks of strength and the number 7 speaks of completeness and perfection. Interestingly if we multiply 37 by 3 we get 111; then if we multiply 111 by 7 we get 777.

Secondly, I think some usernames could prompt a response from someone intent on edifying as to the difference between the "natural, worldly, carnal" sense of acceptability and the "spiritual, godly, redeemed" life of enlightened discernment that should accompany the genuine Christian.

Consider this teaching from Paul, if you will:

(1Co 2:12-16) [JUDGMENT & DISCERNMENT]

(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

(13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

(14) But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

(15) But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

(16) For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

More later if you like...

• Like 1

Placable can seem odd to us too. Why not select a Biblical name? Careful with pointing out others names. She asked for prayer not to be criticized. Not good Placable go to your room..

justme

• Like 2

Hi Sue my name is Tonya and my boyfriend's name is Gary

Fairystar, I totally respect your selected name. Can you give more specified ways for our to pray? Is Gary a Christian, and are you? Prayer is always our privilege to go on your request....... I just prayed for your both. God bless you

justme

• Like 2

Placable can seem odd to us too. Why not select a Biblical name? Careful with pointing out others names. She asked for prayer not to be criticized. Not good Placable go to your room..

justme

Or a biblical principle. To be placable just for you, justme, to my room I go to re-meditate on Revelation 17.

Or a biblical principle. To be placable just for you, justme, to my room I go to re-meditate on Revelation 17.

"......She asked for prayer....."

Maybe we Could pray for her and her boyfriend.

Hi Tonya

Speaking from the vantage point of a woman in my late 60's, life is Probably going to have it's share of rough spots. Also been married for 45 yrs.. 4 grown kids and 6 grandkids.

The marriage vows -- in sickness and in health, for better and for worse -- until death do we part. Meaning, not until death do we separate.

When people are still in the gf / bf stage is when we think really seriously about what commitment means -- conflicts Can be worked through successfully. And Now is a good time to decide what this relationship really means to you. What 'he' really means to you. A 'rough time' can mean Anything these days. Some 'anythings' can be major and some minor. You comment that you don't want to loose him. Does the relationship Need to end? is this something you need to see Can be worked through?

Your bio info says you're in your 30's. Though you've asked for prayer -- I'm going to ask a couple more questions. Kind of personal -- in your age bracket -- are you a live-in gf/ bf situation? God's Word says No to that. Drug usage, alcohol, abusiveness -- no no's also. And are you involved with a Bible teaching church.

Prayer, absolutely.

• Like 1

to my room I go to re-meditate on Revelation 17.

That should keep you busy for a while. When you figure it out, it can be the subject of a new thread.