The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Monstersstuck

Read this if you want.

Monstersstuck

i am very depressed, 20 years old, made some very poor decisions in life, I am different than anyone else (I have asbergers) so I do not have many friends, do not really have a future. I do not have God even though I accepted Christ as lord and savior, but I have not SURRENDERED to Christ, which is not an easy task for me at the moment. Which may cause me to be apart from God and Jesus. I told myself maybe I should just die, but that would only seal my fate and be apart from Jesus Christ forever. Lonely almost 24/7. Wasting my life. Blah blah blah.

Anyways I am not here to make anyone feel bad for me. I am a grown adult and I put myself there. But I do need help.

• Like 2

Placable37
i am very depressed, 20 years old, made some very poor decisions in life, I am different than anyone else (I have asbergers) so I do not have many friends, do not really have a future. I do not have God even though I accepted Christ as lord and savior, but I have not SURRENDERED to Christ, which is not an easy task for me at the moment. Which may cause me to be apart from God and Jesus. I told myself maybe I should just die, but that would only seal my fate and be apart from Jesus Christ forever. Lonely almost 24/7. Wasting my life. Blah blah blah.

Anyways I am not here to make anyone feel bad for me. I am a grown adult and I put myself there. But I do need help.

Hi Monsterstuck,

Which do you think is worse, Aspergers or schizophrenia?

I'm no expert but I have quite a bit of experience in fellowships where I have been able to befriend and assist people with these conditions.

First up is the matter of discipleship, which as the name suggests, involves discipline.

Rather than talk about surrendering to Christ it is perhaps more productive to focus on being His disciple.

More later if you like...

• Like 1

Monstersstuck

Thanks for responding. Yeah we do need to fight the good fight.

Sue D.

Monsterstuck -- you said you're 20 -- you're still quite young -- I'm in my upper 60's. There are lots of "you's" in this world. Where are your family? How many are In your family? God allows all of us to be the way we are for His reasons.

You live somewhere and have access to a computer or you wouldn't be on here. I'd suggest connecting with a pastor of a local church. Since I'm Baptist, I'd suggest a Baptist church that teaches God's Word. God's authority. And I'd also suggest a NKJV Bible to read.

• Like 1

Innerfire89

You just need to look for the right future, an eternal future. This life has no worth when we live for it alone. Give your life to Christ or give your life to nothing.

​​​​​

I'm not sure what all comes with asbergers, sensory overload and focusing on one thing more than others as far as I know. I understand that it km makes things difficult, but dont let it hold you back, find what you do best even if what you do best isn't what seems relevant. I know guys with Downs syndrome who live by themselves and do a better job than most of the people they work with.

Have you ever tried art, if not you might surprise yourself with what you can do.

Eric T.
I am different than anyone else (I have asbergers) so I do not have many friends, do not really have a future.

Hi @Monstersstuck, I am glad you are here. Have you ever heard of Hugh Ross? He is an astronomer and founder of a Christian ministry called Reasons to Believe. Like you, Ross is on the Autism spectrum and has some advice for people who are also on the spectrum. Here's a Google search that will give you several links to Ross' discussion of his condition.

So, I would say to you: be encouraged. You are not alone in your condition and you do have a future, although the road may be difficult.

Also, if you have an interest in science (or even if you don't), I encourage you to check out Ross's ministry web site. He has been very helpful to me in my Christian walk.

• Like 2

Eric T.
@Monstersstuck, this particular video is especially good I think. Ross mentions that he was really helped by getting involved in astronomy and physics, since those fields seem to attract many people on the spectrum. In those fields, spectrum folks are normal and everybody else is different!
  • Like 1