The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Why do some Pentecostals insist everyone must speak in tongues as evidence of genuine Salvation?

Recently a person told me I was not filled with the Holy Spirit because i did not speak in tongues. Paul said it was one of the least gifts, yet many Pentecostals push this gift. As a Baptist I find this very offensive. How do we get along?

justme

• Like 2

You said you are a Spirit filled believer, so you speak to, which was the Biblical evidence of being Spirit filled.

Every Biblical account of people being baptized in the Holy Ghost, they AL spoke in tongues, Making tongues the Biblical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost.

So you don't believe they spoke a foreign language in tongues, in Acts 2: 4--11.

And you don't believe there are tongues that need an interpretation, 1 Cor 12: 10.

And you don't believe there are tongues that no one can understand, only God, 1 Cor 14:--2.

And you don't believe there are tongues that that builds us up. 1 Cor 14: 4.

And you don't believe there are tongues that the are our spirit's prayer language,

1 Cor 14: 14--15.

And you don't believe there are tongues that we can use to sing praises to God.

1 Cor 14: 15--17.

Tell me. What do you believe ?.

As for my motive for being on this forum, is to teach the Biblical truths.

@victory4me

I wanted to address this, and I wanted to move it out of the Reformed Theology Forum and into the Pentecostal Forum. I was going to create a new topic, but @justme already created one that deals with the very issue that I wanted to discuss. So I moved the comment and response here.

First, let's establish that this is some Pentecostal Family business that really needs to be taken care of. In order to go there, I need to establish my qualifications to speak as a Pentecostal. (For the record, I hate this part.)

1. I was not always a Christian, I was once an Atheist. I was not your garden variety over-intellectual 'man of science' atheist, rather I was the sort of person that set his enemies on fire and did far worse. Nuff said.

2. I came to the conclusion that there was a God by hanging out with a group of Catholic Charismatics. It was their LIVES (not words) that convinced me that God actually exists.

3. I was not 'saved' through any of the typical Church sponsored routes. I never closed my eyes, raised my hand and said a sinner's prayer. No Romans Road. No asking Jesus into your heart speech. I only happened, as a matter of coincidence, to get baptized more than a decade after my salvation (someone was getting baptized and I mentioned in passing that I never did that because I was not saved in a church ... the pastor freaked out and I got baptized.) ... God spoke to me, I fell to the ground, He made me an offer I could not refuse. Everything changed in an instant. That is all I will say about that, except 38 years later ... it still stuck.

4. I have NEVER spoken in tongues. Not even once. God has given me a passion and a hunger for his word and he has allowed me to see threads of truth throughout the Bible that others with far more training and gifting at teaching have acknowledged they enjoy hearing. That someone whose formal theology training consists of a Community College course that did more harm than good and decades of Adult Sunday School and Home Fellowships, can carry on a conversation with people with Doctorates in Theology and they don't seem to mind, speaks of a possible "GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT" as we Pentecostals like to say, in that area.

5. I have attended a Pentecostal church for more than a decade and the Pastor saw fit to install me as a Teacher in the Men's Fellowship and an Elder in the church.

This is NOT about "look how great I am". This is nothing more than a statement of credentials to prove that I am both SAVED and as much a PENTECOSTAL as any man alive. I have the right to speak to a Pentecostal as a Pentecostal.

I believe you are correct that the Bible describes a manifestation of the power of the Holy Spirit broader in scope than JUST what happened in Acts 2. You have done a fair job of articulating the source of your definitions and there has been little effort to address any of your texts as Biblical texts. However, you have made a common error among Pentecostals in claiming that EVERYONE speaks in tongues.

Now it is MY turn.

Where does the bible say that every single saved person speaks in tongues?

I believe in Scripture:

1 Corinthians 12:4-31 NASB

Now there are varieties of gifts
, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6
There are varieties of effects
, but the same God who works all things in all
persons.
But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good
. 8 For
to one is given
the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and
to another
the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; 9
to another
faith [fn]by the same Spirit, and
to another
gifts of [fn]healing [fn]by the one Spirit, 10 and
to another
the [fn]effecting of [fn]miracles, and
to another
prophecy, and
to another
the [fn]distinguishing of spirits,
to another various kinds of tongues
, and
to another the interpretation of tongues
. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things,
distributing to each one individually just as He wills

For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ
. 13 For [fn]by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many. 15 If the foot says, “Because I am not a hand, I am not
a part
of the body,” it is not for this reason [fn]any the less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear says, “Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason [fn]any the less
a part
of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired. 19 If they were all one member, where would the body be? 20 But now there are many members, but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; or again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, [fn]it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary; 23 and those members of the body which we [fn]deem less honorable, [fn]on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable, 24 whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that
which lacked, 25 so that there may be no [fn]division in the body, but that
the members may have the same care for one another
. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is [fn]honored, all the members rejoice with it.

Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it. 28 And God has [fn]appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then [fn]miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations,
various kinds of tongues
. 29 All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of [fn]miracles, are they? 30 All do not have gifts of healings, do they?
All do not speak with tongues, do they?
All do not interpret, do they?
31 But earnestly desire the greater gifts.

And I show you a still more excellent way.

The importance of 1 Cor 12:12 cannot be over emphasized. ALL gifts of the spirit are given by the spirit for the benefit of OTHER parts of the Body. Any time a 'gift' is being used to draw attention to the person, you can bet your last dollar that it is NOT of God. Our Pentecostal Pastor is quick to remind us that 'God will share His GLORY with no man.' When 'tongues' is paraded as proof of being a 'real Christian' ... it is NOT the body of Christ being edified and it is not God getting the glory.

Take a moment to look at 1 Cor 12:28 and note where in the hierarchy of serving the needs of the Body "various kinds of tongues" falls. Why would we think that even the ability to speak in the tongue of men and angels would make anyone 'greatest' in the body of Christ? The person who can organize the note reminding the church that this Thursday is the monthly 'Covered Dish' Dinner is more valuable than "tongues" ... they are administrators. I have met too many 'Apostles' in my life who list it as a title on their car. I always ask someone who claims to be an Apostle what makes them an Apostle. I mean, if they have seen the resurrected Christ and been personally assigned a task by Him, I want to hear about that. More often than not, what I find is hubris: "Apostles, Prophets, Teachers" (1 Cor 12:28) ... since Apostle is the 'best', they want to be an 'apostle'.

God says: Matthew 20:25-28 NASB 25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. 26 It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, 27 and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

So should it always be with the Gifts of the Spirit.

1 Cor 12:29-30 asks a series of questions. Is the answer YES or NO?

• All are not apostles, are they?
  • All are not prophets, are they?
  • All are not teachers, are they?
  • All are not workers of miracles, are they?
  • All do not have gifts of healings, do they?
  • All do not speak with tongues, do they?
  • All do not interpret, do they?

If the answer to all of the other questions is "NO", then why would anyone claim that the answer to "All do not speak with tongues, do they?" would be "YES"?

God Bless,

Arthur T. Pollard

(just some poor clod that Christ took mercy on)

Edited by atpollard
  • Like 7

Atpollard. How wonderfully put, how respectful. your words speak volumes about what a Brother in Christ is! You and I have much in common.....I too am (a bigger) clod! Saved because I am unworthy, by Grace I am saved. Mercy gave me what I did not deserve. Oh how I praise Jesus Christ.

justme

• Like 5

Not all Pentecostals teach that you must speak in tongues to be saved.

I don't think it's biblical.

The people in the upper room where already Christians before

the Holy Spirit came down on them and they started to speak in tongues.

Speaking in tongues is not a condition for salvation.

Many people are saved and speak in tongues later.

• Like 1

I don't think it's biblical.

The people in the upper room where already Christians before

the Holy Spirit came down on them and they started to speak in tongues.

Speaking in tongues is not a condition for salvation.

Many people are saved and speak in tongues later.

So do you think that Christians should pray of speak in tongues? I think that's what I am reading, am I right?

In no way is speaking tongues necessary...there are other forms of prayer that

open our hearts to the Spirit and once the Spirit is in us we become a new

creation...daily meditation is a great way that leads to the Spirit...I have no

problem with people who do speak in tongues or others who want to try it but

for others to say that if you don't speak tongues something bad is going to

happen to you...the only thing we HAVE TO do as a Christian is love the Lord

with all our heart and our neighbor as ourself...this is the commandment of

Jesus...love fulfils all the law

• Like 2

....for others to say that if you don't speak tongues something bad is going to

happen to you..

Lol. Who said something bad is going to happen when you don't speak in tongues?

Who told you that???

• Like 1

Who told you that???

Would burning in hell qualify, because I have encountered a church where the gift of tongues was the baptism of the Holy Spirit necessary for salvation. No tongues = not saved. (Or so they taught)

I would NOT call this NORMAL for Pentecostals, but having seen it for myself, I know that it does exist.

• Like 3

Who told you that???

If as some in the assemblies of God would say if you do not speak in tongues your not saved, that would be a sin to force someone to speak some gibberish.

• Like 1

Really? I have never heard that.

Personally, I'm still waiting to find one of those Baptist Churches where they handle snakes or any church where someone walks on the pews.

I have heard such things exist, but mostly I can only find bad organ music. :RpS_blink:

Really? I have never heard that.

Be assured I am 100% accurate, I will never post something like this unless I have either talked with a person who had this inflicted upon them.

When making anyone believe that ANYTHING they DO has anything to do with their Salvation is NOT GRACE. "For by Grace we have been saved" Ephesians 2:8, Romans 3;23,24, .

• Like 1

Well, let's put it this way:

Non Christians will not receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.

One needs to come to Christ and be born again for that to happen.

So to say that speaking in tongues is evidence of being a born again Christian sounds correct to me.

I will never post something like this unless I have either talked with a person who had this inflicted upon them.

And you believe anything people tell you?

And you believe anything people tell you?

Are you questioning what I said? I can tell you I know what I posted for a fact. Do you need more information than that?

So to say that speaking in tongues is evidence of being a born again Christian sounds correct to me.

If Acts 2 is the yardstick, then I have NEVER met a 'born again Christian'.

I have never heard the rush of the wind or seen the tongues of fire come to rest upon them or heard of a person speaking and each hearer hearing the words in a different known language. I attend a Pentecostal Church in which more than a half dozen languages and dialects are spoken ... from South African, to Swedish and German, to Southeast Asian, to Caribbean Island dialects, to various forms of Spanish (Honduras, Puerto Rico) ... so there is ample opportunity.

Would saying that NOT speaking in tongues is evidence of NOT being a born again Christian sounds correct to YOU?

Here is information on The Church of God in Christ (COGIC) Denomination:

Founded by a Baptist Preacher in Jackson, Mississippi, named Charles Harrison Mason in 1896. CH Mason, along with his closest companions, began to preach a dogmatic form of sanctification as an “event” and not a “process” as the historical Biblical Christian denominations had taught. In 1897, due to this sanctification teaching, Mason was shut off from the Baptist church and then organized his small groups in the Church of God. In that same year, Mason, basing his decision on 1 Thessalonians 2:14 in the Bible, would officially change the name of his movement to Church of God in Christ to differentiate it from other churches at the time calling themselves Church of God.

Outside of the sanctification error, this denomination holds to Biblically-based belief structure. Today, this is a staunchly Pentecostal denomination that teaches that the baptism of the Holy Spirit will be evidenced by speaking in tongues. COGIC reports 5.2 million adherents, near doubling in the 25 years.

Although the central focus of COGIC was sanctification by the one-time outpouring of the Holy Spirit, Mason and COGIC were not Pentecostal or charismatic in practice whatsoever. This would happen 10 years later when at a meeting in Los Angeles led by WJ Seymour in 1907, CH Mason would receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and began to speak in tongues on a regular basis. Mason’s new-found Pentecostalism did not bode well with his fellow COGIC leaders and there was an attempt to shut him out of the movement altogether. Mason called a meeting of all his leaders who believed in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and the re-organized Pentecostal Denomination called Church Of God In Christ was born.

• Like 1

Would saying that NOT speaking in tongues is evidence of NOT being a born again Christian sounds correct to YOU?

No because the group in the upper room were already born again before theSpirit came down on them.

I never said speaking in tongues is a condition to salvation.

No because the group in the upper room were already born again before theSpirit came down on them.

I never said speaking in tongues is a condition to salvation.[/b]

I imagine ther a great number of things you have never heard of, don't you?

I am attempting to be respectful and kind, but you seem to come back with distrust, and an unpleasant attitude. Why is that?

• Like 2

Well, let's put it this way:

Non Christians will not receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.

One needs to come to Christ and be born again for that to happen.

That is true only if being baptized in the Holy Spirit is necessary for speaking in tongues. Some non Christian religions practice speaking in tongues so the fact that someone who professes to be a Christian speaks in tongues isn't evidence that he is saved.

http://www.dividedbytruth.org/FD/sitnnc.htm

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be My witnesses, telling people about Me everywhere - in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. - Acts 1:8 NLT.

"The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:5

And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district. Luke 4:14

but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth. Acts 1:8

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Romans 8:11

"And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high." Luke 24:49

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Matthew 12: 32

If I told you there's a difference between the spirit that keeps man alive, keeps his organic flesh walking and the Holy Spirit, who would understand?

If I told you the power of the Holy Spirit is in Truth and the Truth is in Him, who would understand?

Don't you know that inside of this body that is a part of this world, is not from this world.

Without Him who made the way ready for you to follow, your soul would be lost. The spirit of man knows not the ways of the Father. The Holy Spirit from Him knows the ways of the Father.

Christ is my Lord and my Father.

If I say I have been raised from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit, yet no longer I that lives rather Christ that lives in me, who would understand?

If I speak the Truth in Him and am spoken badly of, why is it not forgiven in this world or the world to come?

I tell you a mystery, many are called few are chosen. Not all shall sleep but we shall all be changed. There is a difference between the soul and the spirit and the organic body. Spirit keeps the organic alive while inside the soul is sleeping and is the higher intelligence of man. The organic body is called dead because it is like the grass of the field. The soul is eternal, the soul is as a seed cast into a field, whether this seed enters into good soil of the earth or whether it's taken up by a bird into the air remains to be seen.

We are in the second coming of Christ who has returned for his bride. Christ is the mind renewed through the way with Jesus our Lord and brother. The bride is the soul transformed within before this carnal body of flesh drops off like a seamless garment.

Let him who has ears hear what the spirit is saying. I am alive within this body, He came from She and without He there would be no Me. As Christ's we are not superstitious or from M.A.R.S. Martyrs Activist Robin-hoods or Supermen. We are Christ's alone and we do not harm any, not even ourselves and we walk the law of the land in peace and love while we continue in service in this world.

Unless a man is born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom is within, the mind holds the key, you have to search for Jesus Christ to win with victory.

There is a way unto man that he thinks he's safe and the end thereof is death. My ways are not thy ways says the Lord, to those who overcome I will give a new name that only he will know, and that name will bring him into remembrance of all things.

We are in the second coming of Christ and our Lord Jesus is here. I write the truth in him, my soul bears witness of this truth. He stands over 7 feet tall and he's in a glorified body of light, not the king of light from this world, the light that comes from our Father. All that the Father has he has given to the Son, therefore the Son has children and we are these who follow him will be called children of the Most High.

There is a solution, the eucharist, the blood of the lamb, the new wine pouring into new wine skins. Your mind has to latch onto truth through the milk of the word then you'll be able to go to the meat.

Those who see themselves as wise in this world, calling themselves leaders, saying "follow me" are in error. There is only one who is to be followed, that name is Christ Jesus, only one who sets mens hearts and minds free, Christ Jesus.

We are in the second coming of Christ. The truth in me bears witness and I am She from Him and he is my lord and I am his glory called bride.

In each one, no matter male or female are two. Each mind renewed in Christ is male in essence, Rev 12 male-child snatched up to the throne of God and kept safe. Only the mind of a true son is able to go in search for his soul within this carnal body of flesh. The mind see's inside and hear's inside and converses inside and no man knows the mind of him except Christ our Lord, and he is kept safe.

Do no harm to any, not even yourself.

The Christ in you returns for the bride in you. All minds are made male in essence, all souls become the glorified body and is female in essence and when the two become one we are neither male or female we are one with the Father. We are. his children, this world is not our home, is a place that through him, our Lord Jesus Christ, we are born again so that the mind would have a body to accompany him. That He is Her Lord and She is His glory. We are children, only those who lift up the name of Lord Jesus within them and go the way with him will enter into the Father's presence.

Jesus is LORD God, Jesus is King of Kings, Jesus is Alpha and Omega, Jesus is beginning and end, Jesus is first and the last, Jesus is the author and finisher of your faith. You go from believing to knowing what's going on. Why you are here, what's happening, where you are going.

Death looses it's sting and the grave it's victory. Every tear is wiped away. All happens before this organic flesh drops off. We are in the second coming of Christ, the signs are here in this world and only within a true child of the living one, will that one see the kingdom within. Do not follow any man, for man the man without the love of our Lord Jesus walks in darkness and wants to lead yet he can't for the true light is not in him. If it were, he would tell you to seek the lord with all your heart soul and mind and love your neighbour as yourself. You have everything you need to know inside, the truth has been dormant like a seed, nows the time to see where you've been. Those who have put down good roots with Christ Jesus will rise up and come into the true light and grow and bear fruit and those who believe only on his name will be grafted into the vine and draw the sap from Christ alone. Those who have put their trust and works in God without the son, their roots will wither and their green dry up. Those who grow among the tares will stop looking and blaming other and grow up as a wheat.

Let him who has ears hear what the spirit is saying. I am She from Him and I am alive with my Lord and Christ and because of him in me I write you.

The elect will not be deceived, their names have been written in the Lambs book of life before the foundations of the earth was ever set. The elect are the chosen ones, the true seed of the Father and they will know and hear the call.

He will keep him in perfect peace who's mind is stayed on thee, Jesus - every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and all the world will see and all those who do not know will come to know and do not be afraid for he has not forgotten you. Call out to him and know true forgiveness of sins and know that when your heart condemns you he does not, separate yourself from the guilt and shame of this flesh by following him who is the only way straight to the Father and receive the white stone with the new name and know who you are. Holy and begotten, loved dearly and never to be separated from him again.

I hope you understand, I am writing the truth, let him who has ears hear. We are in the second coming of our Lord who has returned to renew the mind and transform the soul through the way and those who follow after him and not deny the power of the Holy Spirit will ask and then will seek and those will find.

Jesus loves you, remember me when you come into your kingdom!

Welcome, Kelly McArthur

We are in the second coming of our Lord who has returned to renew the mind and transform the soul through the way and those who follow after him and not deny the power of the Holy Spirit will ask and then will seek and those will find.

Acts 1:9-11 NASB

9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11 They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky?
This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.

John 14:1-3 NASB

1 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you to Myself
, that where I am,
there
you may be also.

Revelation 19:11-21 NASB

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it
is
called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes
are
a flame of fire, and on His head
are
many diadems; and He has a name written
on Him
which no one knows except Himself. 13
He is
clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white
and
clean, were following Him on white horses. 15
From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty
. 16
And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21
And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh

Are you SURE we are the second coming of our Lord?

• Like 1

I don't know why it would seem compulsory. The scriptures tell us unless someone is there to translate the language the compulsion to speak in tongues should be withheld. Because it does no good should no one be able to understand.

I think some churches that teach tongues are a sign of the holy spirit are in effect causing membership to fake it to feel included. I've watched televised services where people will break out in tongues and speak gibberish and dance around.

When TD Jakes is on a campaign drive to make more money, he gets his church wound up and then starts throwing in tongue phrases. But they're the same ones as always. Likely his people don't hear this. But those who discern fakes do.

It's a shame. I like Jakes preaching because he can tie parables in OT into the NT and show the link and the meaning for contemporary life and understanding, quite well. When he breaks into fake tongues, I lose all respect for that teaching.

It's sorry.

• Like 2