The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Placable37

In Communion Let It Be Known: Part 1

Devotional - to meditate on, to rest on, to build on.

The Ordinance of Communion is designed to be a special time of worship and fellowship, when followers of Christ are commanded to come together as one body, to eat and drink symbols of the Lord Jesus Christ's bloodied and broken body in a way that is a meaningful public proclamation of His love.

(1Co 11:26)

For as often as you eat this bread, and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death till he come.

In Communion Let It Be Known:

Part 1

THE DEATH OF CHRIST IS REAL

a. As Planned (by God in His foreknowledge, seeing our need for a Saviour).

b. As Pictured and Prophesied (by God in the Bible, making known His Purpose for mankind).

c. As Payment (by God at His own expense, forgiving our debt).

(1Pe 1:18-21)

Forasmuch as you know that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world,[PLANNED] but was manifest in these last times for you,

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

(Exo 12:11-14)

And thus shall you eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and you shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover.

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where you are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; [PICTURED] and you shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; you shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

(1Co 5:7-8)

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, as you are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Therefore let us keep the feast,[PICTURED] not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

(Isa 53:8-9)

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. [PROPHESIED]

And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

(Mat 20:27-28)

And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. [PAYMENT]

(Act 20:28)

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood. [PAYMENT]

(1Co 6:19-20)

What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?

For you are bought with a price:[PAYMENT] therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

In communion let it be known, proclaimed, declared, shown forth, that as planned by God, as pictured and prophesied in His Word, and as payment by God, the death of Christ is real.

• Like 2