The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
To_the_point

Falling in love with Jesus.

Falling in love with Jesus sounds easy doesn’t it? But some people find it very hard to do but I have found away it can be done with no problem.thrs is how you do it. Read your Bible. Fall in love with His Word. He is the Word of God. I even go so far as to find out what each word means and am supposed at the answer. I interpret or try to. I have just done Ezekiel chapter 1

• Like 2

Falling in love with Jesus sounds easy doesn’t it? But some people find it very hard to do but I have found away it can be done with no problem.thrs is how you do it. Read your Bible. Fall in love with His Word. He is the Word of God. I even go so far as to find out what each word means and am supposed at the answer. I interpret or try to. I have just done Ezekiel chapter 1

If you want it, sure but I would like to hear your version first if you have one.

I like trying to interpret the hard sayings of the Bible. Some times I get it right and other times I don’t. I have never got an answer to the Seven Thunders. Of course all of you know if God wasn’t help me I’d fall flat on my face. So to God Be The Glory.

I like trying to interpret the hard sayings of the Bible. Some times I get it right and other times I don’t. I have never got an answer to the Seven Thunders. Of course all of you know if God wasn’t help me I’d fall flat on my face. So to God Be The Glory.

Does 'this' post and #4 go together? In #4 you're talking about Ezekiel 1 and in #5 you're referring to 'Seven Thunders'. Right now I"m using my older NIV Study Bible and there's no mention of 'Seven Thunders'.

There is "I saw visions of God"........ four living creatures, etc. and then in vs. 15 mentions a wheel on the ground. I remember years ago hearing about references in the Bible regarding UFO's and that was one of the passages being referred to. But that's a whole different subject.

There's a Precepts class I went to many years ago -- we took 2 yrs. going through the book of Revelation. One aspect of the 2 yrs. was attempting to draw it. There was an art teacher in the class and she did a Beautiful job drawing parts of Revelation. The same could be done with this 1st chapter of Ezekiel.

I don't know that there's an interpretation of that chapter. It's very descriptive.

And there Are hard passages in Scripture -- we aren't really Meant to understand Everything in God's Word are we? We don't have the mind of Christ -- God has all-knowledge, not us.

Other people's ideas are interesting.

Staff
Does 'this' post and #4 go together? In #4 you're talking about Ezekiel 1 and in #5 you're referring to 'Seven Thunders'. Right now I"m using my older NIV Study Bible and there's no mention of 'Seven Thunders'.
It's not. Found only in Rev. 10: 3-4.

Staff
I don't know that there's an interpretation of that chapter. It's very descriptive.
There are interpretations of every book and every verse in the Bible. Many are just plain stupid like the UFO nonsense.

Since you have and use the NIV may I suggest The NIV Application Commentary Set. Each volume is written by a qualified scholar, and follows the text of the NIV, it is not a technical commentary, and it is up to date.

http://www.churchsource.com/niv-appl...urch-exclusive

There are also a number of very good study Bibles with excellent notes.

There is "I saw visions of God"........ four living creatures, etc. and then in vs. 15 mentions a wheel on the ground. I remember years ago hearing about references in the Bible regarding UFO's and that was one of the passages being referred to. But that's a whole different subject.

There's a Precepts class I went to many years ago -- we took 2 yrs. going through the book of Revelation. One aspect of the 2 yrs. was attempting to draw it. There was an art teacher in the class and she did a Beautiful job drawing parts of Revelation. The same could be done with this 1st chapter of Ezekiel.

And there Are hard passages in Scripture -- we aren't really Meant to understand Everything in God's Word are we? We don't have the mind of Christ -- God has all-knowledge, not us.

May I ask you what picture comes into your mind when you think on Ezekiel 1:1?

The Seven Thunders is in Revelation just before the Seals.

• Ezekiel 1:16 As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl. And the four had the same likeness, their appearance and construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel.

Cross References:

1. the colour: Eze_10:9; Exo_39:13; Dan_10:6
  2. a wheel: Eze_10:10; Job_9:10; Psa_36:6, Psa_40:5; Rom_11:33; Eph_3:10

John Calvin:

Matthew Henry:

John Gill:

Pulpit commentary:

EBC:

God bless,

William

In all reality Ezekiel new what he was talking about and God was informing him just what to say. Anyone that thinks different is in deep trouble with God. If you will give me a little slack here and tell me where I can post the whole chapter I will do so. Lord Bless you all.