The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

LA David Johnson's widow

I have great sympathy for the wife and family of any service man or woman killed at anytime or place. La David Johnson served honorably and sympathy and respect are due is widow. President Trump called Mrs. Johnson exactly as he did the families of the other three men killed in that action.

I find it sad and extremely disappointing that her Congresswoman and the wife of this great hero would take advantage of his death to attack President Trump. Perhaps president Trump should have just sent a letter instead of personally calling Mrs. Johnson and extending his sincere sympathy.

IMO I watched the widow cry over the casket when it came off the air plane. I heard he say "the would not let see my husband" The widow also said the president never mentioned his name in the phone call. The call from President Trump was pre-arranged so the widow knew exactly when to expect the call. The widow could have made sure she and perhaps a close relative were alone when President Trump called. This should have been a time when the widow respected the sincere effort of President Trump expressed the gratitude of a grateful Nation. However the widow made a dilettante choice to have her Comgresswoman and seven others besides herself present listening in on President Trumps private conversation, on speaker phone.

The Congresswoman has a history of openly expressing hatred for President Trump. Perhaps the widow was taken advantage of and used by the Congresswoman to advance her agenda to bring discontent upon President Trump. I suggest this was a setup, in an effort to make a political statement against President Trump. Perhaps the widow had so much anger at her husbands death that she was used for the purpose of the leftest.

Consider there were three other servicemen killed also, yet we have heard no issues about president Trumps calls to these men's families and wife. If President Trump showed any disrespect it might well have showed up in the three other calls he made. I suggest President Trump was set up by the evil actions of a wicked Congresswoman.

I am wondering how in the world a person like the Congresswoman ever got elected in the first place. Where and how do so many people who want to destroy our country are getting elected into these very high political offices?

What are your thoughts?

justme