The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Elda

Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology

Elda

With Halloween just around the corner, how timely is this?

In tumultuous political times, the 18-30 demographic is reaching for the stars.

“So many millennials read their horoscopes every day and believe them,” Layne, who is involved in a number of nonreligious spiritual practices, said. “It is a good reference point to identify and place people in the world.”

Interest in spirituality has been booming in recent years while interest in religion plummets, especially among millennials. The majority of Americans now believe it is not necessary to believe in God to have good morals, a study from Pew Research Center released Wednesday found. The percentage of people between the ages of 18 and 29 who “never doubt existence of God” fell from 81% in 2007 to 67% in 2012.

“Whether it be spell-casting, tarot, astrology, meditation and trance, or herbalism, these traditions offer tangible ways for people to enact change in their lives,” she said. “For a generation that grew up in a world of big industry, environmental destruction, large and oppressive governments, and toxic social structures, all of which seem too big to change, this can be incredibly attractive.”

READ FULL ARTICLE (MARKET WATCH)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-millennials-are-ditching-religion-for-witchcraft-and-astrology-2017-10-20

William
Staff
With Halloween just around the corner, how timely is this?

READ FULL ARTICLE (MARKET WATCH)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why...ogy-2017-10-20

Christianity has in large been muzzled throughout the last eight years. It is no surprise to me that "cultural Christianity" has been replaced with other alternatives. From military chaplains that range from Atheist to Wiccans, Satanist are even demanding equal rights to access schools where Christian after school programs exists. In large, I think that a lot of this could be attributed to the most hostile presidency towards Christianity in the history of America - Barrack Obama.

image_1238.jpg.dca93999bd59e1eca62e347efaaab3b8.jpg

Personally, I take other alternatives as no threat. Many "cultural Christians" have a 3rd to 6th grade level of education when it comes to biblical Christianity. It is no wonder to me why they are turned away by alternatives such as atheism. Children are sent away to public schools that teach secular education in grades 1-12 and then higher. Then they wonder why their understanding of the bible does not stand up against the adversary. As if one hour a week in Sunday school could be formidable against thousands of hours of contrary education.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Innerfire89

There's a lot of magic and witchraft in movies and cartoons. I don't doubt that it gives children the idea that such things are fun and harmless, then they grow up in a society where everything lideral is praised.

• Like 2

ChatterBox

Perhaps it is also because those beliefs offer immediate tangible rewards and little in the way of duties or responsibilities? Under those beliefs adultery, premarital sex, and things that generally feel good are all allowed or encouraged. Christianity has comparatively strict sets of strictures on behaviour and doesn't promise material rewards and ways to get riches in this world.

It may also be because actual Christian beliefs don't fit as well with what is being taught in schools as the mainstream spiritualist beliefs. Is it really surprising that people wil adopt a faith that lets them avoid the inner conflict and cognitive dissonance of being told one thing is right by schools and another by their faith?

• Like 4

Sue D.

Witch craft is satans' counterfeit to Christianity. And lots of people don't realize/ don't care what Halloween stands for. We've made it into fun and party time.

Actually I'm thinking that Originally Halloween was supposed to scare off the evil spirits with ugly costumes and such.

The astrology -- isn't that people trying to look into the future to see what's going to happen,. Scripture warns us to Not mess around with that.

People give satan more credit than he deserves -- satan makes the supernatural intriguing -- the witches / warlocks part. Then again -- he Is very powerful. He takes pleasure in deceiving as many people as possible -- believers especially.

We tend to look for 'something' in all the wrong places.

• Like 1

Sue D.

When people are Not in God's Word as their authority -- the Evil becomes Very enticing.

• Like 2