The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Innerfire89

I'm going vegan.

God gave us dominion over the animals and there's nothing wrong with eating them.

But we're to be good stewards and I can no longer eat meat from grocery stores or fast food anymore.

There is so much demand from this worlds hedonistic mindset that animals have become nothing, they're treated as if they were an endless supply of objects.

It's supposed to more humain today than it was in the past, and in some cases it is, but not in most. Some of the sickest people in this world work in these industries, people who enjoy stomping animals to death. Now if they get kicks out of that, what do you think they would do to human that they have a problem with? They are clearly disturded people.

Not much bothers me, I've seen how sick this world is, but this.

The most shocking thing I leaned is how egg houses work. They only need female chicks, so they kill the males, enough to fill a few large sized trash cans.

What sickens me the most is that people have taken creation and raped it, they bent it, took away it's freedom to be what it is, and ungratefuly raped it.

Staff
God gave us dominion over the animals and there's nothing wrong with eating them.

But we're to be good stewards and I can no longer eat meat from grocery stores or fast food anymore.

There is so much demand from this worlds hedonistic mindset that animals have become nothing, they're treated as if they were an endless supply of objects.

It's supposed to more humain today than it was in the past, and in some cases it is, but not in most. Some of the sickest people in this world work in these industries, people who enjoy stomping animals to death. Now if they get kicks out of that, what do you think they would do to human that they have a problem with? They are clearly disturded people.

Not much bothers me, I've seen how sick this world is, but this.

The most shocking thing I leaned is how egg houses work. They only need female chicks, so they kill the males, enough to fill a few large sized trash cans.

What sickens me the most is that people have taken creation and raped it, they bent it, took away it's freedom to be what it is, and ungratefuly raped it.

Do you think some of your struggles are covered under 1 Corinthians 8, Innerfire?

I think your struggles are kinda related to early Christians: https://www.gotquestions.org/food-sacrificed-idols.html

And I believe if the humanity side of things is an issue for you, you may want to consider health food grocery stores. They have organic fed and humane treated chicken and beef. Just ask the clerk and they can usually point you right to them.

God bless,

William

• Like 1