The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Elda

Explosive growth in online dating services

Elda

Why has there been an explosion in the growth of online dating services? Is it simply a matter of the times, where everything from online gaming (waste of brain cells), online betting (sports gambling), online worship (may be of some benefit to homebound people), online movies (Netflix, another waste of brain cells), and much more is readily available at societies' fingertips. People are investing their time in front of the monitor when they should be taking a hard look in the dark glass.

I hear of a few anecdotal success stories, but the people I know relate nothing but poor experiences from online dating and online dating services. Their problems range from marriages that lead to divorce, to companies that gain access to your credit card number and never let go. Then there are the horror stories of stalkers or worse. Even some of the services who claim they cater to Christians seem to have their reputations besmirched in some manner or another during their corporate history.

I suggest when you meet someone you are compatible with, don't waste time examining every nook and cranny of their being. I also say don't waste time with the dating services—I haven't and don't intend to become part of an experiment in their field trials.

Does anybody have any success stories?

Success meaning you met online, you clicked, you yoked equally, you married, you multiplied, and you've lasted together longer than 7 years and counting.

How would God define success in this scenario of online dating?

Edited by Elda

Faber

A friend of mine has been married since 2010 through online dating.

William
Staff
A friend of mine has been married since 2010 through online dating.

Met my wife on Christiansingles.com. We married in 2011.

God bless,

William

Elda

Online Dating:

• Success: 2
  • Failure: 0

Faber

I don't think people will be so willing to admit when it is a failure though.

GaoLu

I do know some success stories.  I do wonder how many of the "success stories" are adultery marriages after divorce.

E Morales

If I was online looking for a girlfriend my first question to her would be...

1, What do you think about the King James  version bible?  😀

reading read GIF by The Passion: Live

• Sad 1

Antus67

Online dating has its ups and downs and as mentioned its part of today's society. I met my wife the old fashion way in church gong on 51 years in marriage.

Knotical

I briefly dated a girl a long time ago who ended up (as far as I know) marrying a guy her friend met online who was from England.  First her friend was engaged to him, then she was.  They were all mormon.  Crazy bunch of people.

My first question to a potential match would be: Do you have all the right parts?

• Haha 1

Faber
11 hours ago, E Morales said:

That is the only version she reads from. Now you are set. The pursuit picks up steam. Got your radar locked on this one.

Then she informs you that is what her church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (The Mormons) - read from.

• Haha 1
  • ouch 1

William
Staff
18 minutes ago, Faber said:

That is the only version she reads from. Now you are set. The pursuit picks up steam. Got your radar locked on this one.

Then she informs you that is what her church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (The Mormons) - read from.

Theology matters.

• Like 1

E Morales
On 10/22/2019 at 7:36 AM, E Morales said:

2. I guess question #2 should be, are you straight or like opposite sex only? You don’t want to be surprise after.

Origen
Staff
25 minutes ago, E Morales said:

2. I guess question #2 should be, are you straight or like opposite sex only? You don’t want to be surprise after.

wrong trump GIF

The next logical question should be "are you genetically male or female?"  Or "is it not true that the NIV is the Devil's translation?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Knotical
31 minutes ago, Origen said:

Or "is it not true that the NIV is the Devil's translation?"

Wait, I thought the Message Bible was the Devil's translation?

• Like 1

Origen
Staff
7 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Wait, I thought the Message Bible was the Devil's translation?

You got me.  I will rephrase.  Is it not true that ALL modern translations are of the Devil?

Knotical
2 minutes ago, Origen said:

You got me.  I will rephrase.  Is it not true that ALL modern translations are of the Devil?

Hey, if you can navigate that topic without getting into a full blown argument you have found a keeper.

Origen
Staff
52 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Hey, if you can navigate that topic without getting into a full blown argument you have found a keeper.

I WISH!

E Morales
On 10/22/2019 at 7:36 AM, E Morales said:

My third question to her would be, do you ever where a dress. or do you wear pants all the time? If she wears pants all the time, this could mean that she’s controlling.

• Toast 1

Faber
4 hours ago, E Morales said:

My third question to her would be, do you ever where a dress. or do you wear pants all the time? If she wears pants all the time, this could mean that she’s controlling.

This is great! I'd tell her that I'm the one who wears the pants in this relationship. I don't want some battle-ax.

Next question would be: Are you an oniomaniac?😝 

E Morales

Question #4 Do you know how to cook? 

Knotical

Question #5  Do you know the muffin man?

Origen
Staff

Question #6 What is the capital of Mongolia?

E Morales

#6 answer California. 🤠

Edited by E Morales

William
Staff
18 minutes ago, E Morales said:

#6 answer California. 🤠

Technically, a Wall separated Mongolia from China. Acknowledged, like Mongolians Californians attack an ideal wall. 

• Haha 1

Origen
Staff

Question #7: Is not true that christforums.com is the BEST forum EVER?