The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
mitchel

Trump lives well on our money

While living the life of the rich and famous using our tax dollars Trump tells Puerto Rico tough it out because they can't lean on government money forever. What's wrong with this picture

Edited by mitchel

Staff
While living the life of the rich and famous using our tax dollars Trump tells Puerto Reco tough it out because they can't lean government money forever. What's wrong with this picture

Do you realize that President Trump has declined pay thus for the office of POTUS? He has donated any "would be paychecks" to charity.

Why is it that your posts seemingly always follow along the subject lines of bashing the United States, the POTUS or the Church?

William

• Like 7

While living the life of the rich and famous using our tax dollars Trump tells Puerto Rico tough it out because they can't lean on government money forever. What's wrong with this picture

It's not prudent to blanket statement a condemnation of the POTUS like you are. Like @William just said, he has done many other things that are contrary to selfishness. Also, what lifestyle of the rich and famous does he live? I recall most every major new source is vehemently against anything he says and does. I commend him for having the ability to do his job in the face of so many adversaries. However, he isn't perfect and he shows it in certain ways. Pray for him to have wisdom @mitchel, as this may be the best thing you can do. It would benefit him, and thus certainly you.

• Like 6

Brother,

Christian converts are taught in much of Paul's twenty-three letters, found in the New Testament, to lift one another up, not to drag one another down as you have our baby brother in Christ, Mr. President Donald J. Trump. I know the Democratic Spew vomit all over Trump and he likely did most of that stuff, he, like myself worked and hung around Construction workers too much. I was a Spiritual wreck the day I crossed the threshold of God's place of Worship.

Now President Trump prayed the Sinner's Prayer before the election, last year , as attested to by Dr. James Dobson of Focus On The Family.

If Trump cannot be saved then neither can I be these last 27 years of ministry to Jesus. And then there is the very personal matter, taught by Jesus in the first six verses, the first paragraph, of understandMatthew, chapter7. I know, this world of Lost Men have raped the scriptures and, completely ignored all context and they produced, perhaps, the greatest lie Satan has told us, Jesus taught us not to judge lest we be judged.

That is not what Jesus taught! The first six verses of that chapter form a paragraph and each of them, just like Christians in a Church Hall, reflect on each other, helping the reader to understand what the author is saying. Jerking them out of context is Spiritual Rape and from that, Heresy is born. Jesus was giving His followers the instructions on how to judge. Until we get the planed sin out of our lives, we are not fit to judge others,

And finally, the Ten Commandments teach us that lusting is sin. Lusting is not just desiring that 18 year old blond in a miniskirt in the row in front of you. And your statement does not indicate that you are satisfied with your station in life and that you lust after his money and position.

I have had money and suffered both from it and from the lack of it and money does not thrill with any longevity. it is a splash in a shallow, small diameter dish, 95% of the product bounces, splashes, in the dirt and is drawn away,

i pray this helps you to become a man of contentedness.

• Like 3

I'm not US-based but I thought Trump made his money (and lost it, and made it again) before becoming President. He's living the lifestyle of the rich and famous because he, well, is rich and famous. Being President doesn't change that.

Taxpayer dollars are paying for security, running the Whitehouse, and all the trappings of being President, but they'd be doing that regardless of who was in the office so I don't think that's something you can blame Trump for unless you begrudge it to every President.

• Like 4

As for how Puerto Rico is doing, they were a very poor country Before the two hurricanes hit. My brother has lived there for a few years -- on the beach of San Juan. I heard the Fox News briefing he held with numerous people. He said that No area hit by hurricanes can be helped forever. We help in the emergency phase , but eventually everyone has to help rebuild their own areas or decide that there is too much damage and they move on, Hundreds of people are loosing their homes from the fires, also. In the long run of things, it's neighbors helping neighbors -- families helping families, church groups helping communities.

Presidents have usually had a good income and lived a nice lifestyle. And they Also have a HUGE responsibility on their shoulders. People elect them or they wouldn't be where they are. And lots of times people don't like who's been elected to office, but we deal with it in a positive way, Hopefully.

• Like 2

President Trump is in the process of making the nation fruitful again and I believe the people of Puerto Rico have voted to become a state and that is true it will take Congressional action but they have a territory so long that I can't imagine it not happening. When they become a state, I believe they will have access to greater funding.

• Like 2

Do you realize that President Trump has declined pay thus for the office of POTUS? He has donated any "would be paychecks" to charity.

Why is it that your posts seemingly always follow along the subject lines of bashing the United States, the POTUS or the Church?

William

That's right. He is only accepting $1 for his office of presidency which is required by law. He said he is probably going to donate that $1 too. He is only the third president ever to do this.

• Like 3

Not to mention the lavish vacations Obama took at taxpayer expense taking even Michelle's mother on some. Not a Trump fan but false accusations are wrong no matter what we think of the man occupying the office.

• Like 3

Within the last week (2018) I watched a report on Puerto Rico. I am dismayed to say the least. If this is the best we on the mainland can do, then shame on us! People are dying, hungry, and homeless. How can we allow our citizens die without even safe water to drink. The Military has been there for a number on months now, yet they have not made it so people stuck across a river, can cross over. Something is very wrong here. If our Military can build bridges in Pakistan and other foreign places, why not Puerto Rico? So far the official death pole is less than 20 people, but on a ABC (fake news) report they say its close to 100 have died.

I think there is a serious problem, and I am not sure exactly where the problems lie. I do know there is a bottleneck somewhere in getting help the people of Puerto Rico so desperately need. Perhaps during your daily prayer time you can remember these people.

• Like 2

Within the last week (2018) I watched a report on Puerto Rico. I am dismayed to say the least. If this is the best we on the mainland can do, then shame on us! People are dying, hungry, and homeless. How can we allow our citizens die without even safe water to drink. The Military has been there for a number on months now, yet they have not made it so people stuck across a river, can cross over. Something is very wrong here. If our Military can build bridges in Pakistan and other foreign places, why not Puerto Rico? So far the official death pole is less than 20 people, but on a ABC (fake news) report they say its close to 100 have died.

I think there is a serious problem, and I am not sure exactly where the problems lie. I do know there is a bottleneck somewhere in getting help the people of Puerto Rico so desperately need. Perhaps during your daily prayer time you can remember these people.

Yes, there Is a problem -- why has Puerto Rico been broke for years? They are a territory of the U..S. but out away from the help that people here in the states have available. How did they become a territory?

In this country -- neighbors can help neighbors -- people can come and go in times of emergencies. That simply isn't possible in island countries. And how much is their own government assisting. Their man does not appear to know how to lead.

I have a brother over there. He'd been living on San Juan beach property. He's in his 60's. We've heard from him twice.

Pres. Trump commented a while back that emergency aide can only do so much. What constitutes an emergency? Some of these countries have been existing in 'emergency' status for years compared to our economy. Here in This country there are areas that are broke and always have been -- probably always will be. And there are areas that are rich -- always have been. This is just how life Is.

• Like 1

Yes, there Is a problem -- why has Puerto Rico been broke for years? They are a territory of the U..S. but out away from the help that people here in the states have available. How did they become a territory?

In this country -- neighbors can help neighbors -- people can come and go in times of emergencies. That simply isn't possible in island countries. And how much is their own government assisting. Their man does not appear to know how to lead.

I have a brother over there. He'd been living on San Juan beach property. He's in his 60's. We've heard from him twice.

Pres. Trump commented a while back that emergency aide can only do so much. What constitutes an emergency? Some of these countries have been existing in 'emergency' status for years compared to our economy. Here in This country there are areas that are broke and always have been -- probably always will be. And there are areas that are rich -- always have been. This is just how life Is.

The Island is flat out broke, the very rich most likely have left (as I heard). So how do these ultra poor who don't even have shelter, clean water, or food survive now?

I really do get tired of those who use the misery of others to further their own brand of justice. If you hate the president, them man up and hate him for what he is to you and leave the innocent bystanders alone.President Trump is not rich, he is wealthy and has been that way for a very long time. This cynical view of people with money seems to suggest an unhealthy tendency to concentrate more on the pocketbook than the soul, which is more the measure of the measurer that he that is being measured.

Edited by just_me
  • Like 3

I would look at the financial history of Puerto Rico, before feeling sorry for them being broke. The plight they are in today would have been far less devastating if they had not squandered what they had when they had it.

image.jpeg.3835b9f23b2069d43cf5694ae41145bb.jpeg

Puerto Rican government-debt crisis. The Puerto Rican government-debt crisis is a financial crisis affecting the government of Puerto Rico. After decades of mismanagement, the government's outstanding debt exceeds $70 billion (in addition to $50 billion in pension obligations).

Puerto Rican government-debt crisis - Wikipedia

• Like 1

I really do get tired of those who use the misery of others to further their own brand of justice. If you hate the president, them man up and hate him for what he is to you and leave the innocent bystanders alone.President Trump is not rich, he is wealthy and has been that way for a very long time. This cynical view of people with money seems to suggest an unhealthy tendancy to concentrate more on the pocketbook than the soul, which is not the measure of the man, but the measure of you.

I might be mistaken, however I think President is very rich financially. However he has kept that information private, as well he should.

Money does not make a person wealthy or the lack of it make one poor. I have visited people in La Paz Bolivia, South America. These people lived on so very little money. They pat out dung,let it dry out and use it for material to burn to cook on and heat their small houses. They eat very small potatoes, about the size of your thumb. Plow cold ground in the bare feet, with women and children pulling the plow. The government is corrupt, taxes are outrageously high, and wages are so very low. But the Christians i vistied with were so very rich, much richer than many Christians here in the US. Rich in the Lord Jesus Christ that is.

• Like 1

I would look at the financial history of Puerto Rico, before feeling sorry for them being broke. The plight they are in today would have been far less devastating if they had not squandered what they had when they had it.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\timage.jpeg Views:\t1 Size:\t4.5 KB ID:\t59200","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"59200","data-size":"small","height":"16","width":"16"}[/ATTACH]

Take a minuet and rethink, who is "they"? Its not the poor who live hand and mouth. The wealthy is who squandered, and robbed the poor. We are obligated as Christians to at least pray for the people...right?

Take a minuet and rethink, who is "they"? Its not the poor who live hand and mouth. The wealthy is who squandered, and robbed the poor. We are obligated as Christians to at least pray for the people...right?

No it was the government that did the squandering. They went full out on infrastructure bonds then doubled down when they could see it wasn''t working. I am not saying that we should not help them, but they need to acknowledge what they did that was wrong and not repeat that. Last time I looked they were trying to get the US to bail them out.

I'm all for helping out. Lord I was a drug addict and a raging alcoholic for nearly 12 years of my life and I know, without me being willing to change, no amount of outside help will do a thing except facilitate the same destructive behavior.

• Like 2

I might be mistaken, however I think President is very rich financially. However he has kept that information private, as well he should.

Money does not make a person wealthy or the lack of it make one poor. I have visited people in La Paz Bolivia, South America. These people lived on so very little money. They pat out dung,let it dry out and use it for material to burn to cook on and heat their small houses. They eat very small potatoes, about the size of your thumb. Plow cold ground in the bare feet, with women and children pulling the plow. The government is corrupt, taxes are outrageously high, and wages are so very low. But the Christians i vistied with were so very rich, much richer than many Christians here in the US. Rich in the Lord Jesus Christ that is.

Maybe I used the wrong term but the way I see it, you can be rich in friendships and be broke as far as your material wealth. Richness, to me is a measure of the personability of an individual. Wealth is a measure of his financial power and influence

William

I heard that this is not true. Trump has not donated a dime to charity.

I am a Republican but I am not so sure about Trump

Trump’s charitable giving has now become a campaign issue, largely due to a series of Postarticles written by David Fahrenthold and his colleagues. Back in April, Fahrenthold and Rosalind S. Helderman reported that they couldn’t find a single cash donation to charity that Trump personally had made over the previous five years.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump-and-the-truth-his-charitable-giving

In years past, The Washington Post found, Trump had often promised to give the proceeds of various business ventures — a book, a TV show, and Trump University — to charity. But, often, he paid off those pledges with money from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity filled with other people's money. Or, in some cases, Trump did not fulfill the pledges at all: none of the $5 million he earned from Trump University was actually given to charity.

Then, last year, Trump made a bold promise to give $1 million of his own money to veterans' causes, along with $5 million he'd raised from other donors during a telethon-style fundraiser in late January, just before the Iowa caucuses. Months later, Trump's then-campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, told The Washington Post that Trump had given the money away — but that the details of his gift were secret.

That was false. At the time Lewandowski said that, the money was still in Trump's pocket.

https://tinyurl.com/yb4gmnya

It’s a minor Washington tradition that unused funds from presidential inauguration events are donated to charity. But nearly eight months after Donald Trump’s swearing-in celebration, no donations have been made from its record-breaking inaugural fund, and where the money went is mysterious.

http://fortune.com/2017/09/17/trump-inaugural-donations-missing/

If you already have more money than you can spend then why act in this way, anyway?

I am a Republican but I am not so sure about Trump

Trump’s charitable giving has now become a campaign issue, largely due to a series of Postarticles written by David Fahrenthold and his colleagues. Back in April, Fahrenthold and Rosalind S. Helderman reported that they couldn’t find a single cash donation to charity that Trump personally had made over the previous five years.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump-and-the-truth-his-charitable-giving

In years past, The Washington Post found, Trump had often promised to give the proceeds of various business ventures — a book, a TV show, and Trump University — to charity. But, often, he paid off those pledges with money from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity filled with other people's money. Or, in some cases, Trump did not fulfill the pledges at all: none of the $5 million he earned from Trump University was actually given to charity.

Then, last year, Trump made a bold promise to give $1 million of his own money to veterans' causes, along with $5 million he'd raised from other donors during a telethon-style fundraiser in late January, just before the Iowa caucuses. Months later, Trump's then-campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, told The Washington Post that Trump had given the money away — but that the details of his gift were secret.

That was false. At the time Lewandowski said that, the money was still in Trump's pocket.

https://tinyurl.com/yb4gmnya

It’s a minor Washington tradition that unused funds from presidential inauguration events are donated to charity. But nearly eight months after Donald Trump’s swearing-in celebration, no donations have been made from its record-breaking inaugural fund, and where the money went is mysterious.

http://fortune.com/2017/09/17/trump-inaugural-donations-missing/

If you already have more money than you can spend then why act in this way, anyway?

Hello Vince, I wanted to welcome you to the forum.

I gather you don't like President Trump, or am I wrong? There are things about President Trump I don't care for. I think we have to look at several areas to to make a conclusion about his effectiveness as President, don't you agree? I am pretty sure he has not taken but $1.00 a year for his salary.

• Like 1

I get so tired of this negative ragging on people.

I don't overly like or overly dislike President Trump but I don't presume to define a person's character by how much money I think he has or what I think he should do with it. I tend to think that If we don't have what others have, then we can't reveal anything of what we would do in the same circumstances as the person we are ragging on.

• Like 2

I get so tired of this negative ragging on people.

I don't overly like or overly dislike President Trump but I don't presume to define a person's character by how much money I think he has or what I think he should do with it. I tend to think that If we don't have what others have, then we can't reveal anything of what we would do in the same circumstances as the person we are ragging on.

As Christians our responsibility is to PRAY for him. So if people have not done their duty maybe they should do that before posting?

• Like 2

You misunderstood my post or I just make a crude post; either way my post was not a judgement about wealthy people, it was about greed. It is a word in the English dictionary, [h=2]Definition of greed[/h] : a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (such as money) than is needed

• motivated by naked ambition and greed