The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
clark thompson

Dan 7:6-7

Daniel 7:6-7

KJV 6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Darby 6 After this I saw, and behold, another, like a leopard, and it had four wings of a bird upon its back; and the beast had four heads; and dominion was given to it. 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and exceeding strong; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and broke in pieces, and stamped the rest with its feet; and it was different from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

6 4 heads would have referred to four different rulers. Two set of wings may have referred to two different places for ruling. Its power was granted to it by the Lord.

7 This is reference to Rome but mostly to the reign of end times this reign will be the most fierce that the world will ever see.

This is the third best so it corresponds to the thighs of bronze in Nebuchadnezzar's vision in chapter 2. This was the Greek empire established by Alexander the Great. The four wings show the speed with which Alexander established his empire and the four heads refer to the four kingdoms into which the empire was divided after his death.

Rome is described in verse seven. "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, terrifying and dreadful and exceedingly strong. It had great iron teeth; it devoured and broke in pieces and stamped what was left with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns."

Daniel 7:23-27 NASB

23 “Thus he said: ‘The fourth beast will be a fourth kingdom on the earth, which will be different from all the
other
kingdoms and will devour the whole earth and tread it down and crush it. 24 As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak [fn]out against the Most High and wear down the [fn]saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and [fn]they will be given into his hand for a [fn]time, [fn]times, and half a [fn]time. 26 But the court will sit
for judgment,
and his dominion will be taken away, [fn]annihilated and destroyed [fn]forever. 27 Then the [fn]sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of
all
the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the [fn]saints of the Highest One; His kingdom
will be
an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.’

... It is a sad commentary that I can't even follow a prophetic vision when an angel explains it. This is why I tend to avoid end-times discussions entirely. However, I just got the CF Newsletter and was reminded that this is a place for BROTHERS and SISTERS in Christ to have discussions that build one- another up. So let's talk about this third kingdom and some horny kings [wink].

Start with easy stuff:

• It involves the 'saints' and wages war with the saints, so the fourth kingdom must be AD (the arrival of the King whose Kingdom will will never end and the start of the 'all nations' part of God's plan.) [Daniel 7:14]
  • The end of the 'trouble' and the start of the eternal dominion, sound a lot like Jesus' promises to return and reign.

So anyone care to explain how all of this was already fulfilled in history? [except Jesus return, of course, I mean the kingdom and the horns].

Anyone have any thoughts on why this, or part of this, is still a future event?

Some issues with Rome:

1. Rome did not 'devour the whole earth' ... ask China, or the Aztek.
  2. Who are the ten kings? Rome had lots of Emperors.
  3. What king subdued three kings? I mean, there have been so many small conquests that could fulfill this but this sounds like a huge event.
  4. The prophecy ends in world peace and a Godly dominion. Rome did not end in like that.

:RpS_confused: