The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
journeyman

Jesus is God

Some people use certain verses in 1 Corinthians 15 to prove Jesus cannot be God. One such verse is:

​​​​​​

"For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him." 1 Cor.15:27

The argument is, God put all things under Jesus' feet, but that's not what Paul means. Paul is quoting Ps.8, where God gave mankind (Adam) dominion over the earth and the context of 1 Cor.15 is the resurrection from the dead. What Paul is teaching is that it's manifest by the resurrection that God (Jesus) put all things under Adam, but is above mankind by reason of the resurrection.

Another verse used to show Jesus isn't God is

"And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.​​​​​​" 1 Cor.15:28

Again, the context of resurrection is ignored when interpreting Pauls' teaching. The "subduing" Paul is referring to is accomplished by the resurrection, where the "last enemy" (death) is destroyed:

"So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." 1 Cor.15:54

What Paul is teaching is when we are subdued (raised incorruptible), we will see Jesus the same way, as He truly is, as God.

Edited by journeyman
explanatory
  • Like 4

The trinity is a mystery. The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are one in spirit. Even though they are three yet they are one.

Metaphorically it says Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, still the Father and the Son are one in spirit . Jesus said to the disciples " if you have seen me you have seen the Father"

• Like 1

The trinity is a mystery. The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are one in spirit. Even though they are three yet they are one.

Metaphorically it says Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, still the Father and the Son are one in spirit . Jesus said to the disciples " if you have seen me you have seen the Father"

Strange, because me and my wife are two different people yet we are one. The lesson in Ester is often overlooked.