The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Evangelical Leaders Call on Congress to Grant Citizenship to ‘Dreamers’

A group of Christian leaders have penned a statement requesting that Congress make a path to citizenship for the recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy, known as “Dreamers.”

More...

Most church leaders are not honest, and preach a blind, flesh driven faith. This is what I have seen, and experienced. There is a lot more they should be speaking up about, but are not.

Most church leaders are not honest, and preach a blind, flesh driven faith. This is what I have seen, and experienced. There is a lot more they should be speaking up about, but are not.

"Most" are not honest, "and preach a blind, flesh driven faith"? Really, who are "Most"? Generalization of saying most or all seems just too wide of a statement Dropping. Be careful because, am I considered in that group of "Most"? Perhaps more clarification besides "That is what I have seen, and experienced.". Just how wide is the scope that you have witnessed these kind of leaders? Perhaps 1,000 or perhaps 10, you need to be more specific, or risk offending some old guy like me, ok?

justme

• Like 1

A group of Christian leaders have penned a statement requesting that Congress make a path to citizenship for the recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy, known as “Dreamers.”

More...

Russel Moore is not someone I like speaking for the SBC. let alone for our local SB church. Too often these guys who get into high positions speak for themselves and every one assumes all SBC churches are behind them.

I am so totally against granting these "dreamers" anything except for permission to stay in the US for a period of time, like 6 months to registrar as being illegal, and if they stay totally out of trouble and are willing to be on probation while for men enlist in the service for three years active duty, and for women be involved in serving the community for three years, then these dreamers can apply for citenship. If they are unwilling to do they will be deported. These "dreamers" are often caught demonstrating, and saying they have a right to be in the USA. I completely disagree.

justme

Russel Moore is not someone I like speaking for the SBC. let alone for our local SB church. Too often these guys who get into high positions speak for themselves and every one assumes all SBC churches are behind them.

I am so totally against granting these "dreamers" anything except for permission to stay in the US for a period of time, like 6 months to registrar as being illegal, and if they stay totally out of trouble and are willing to be on probation while for men enlist in the service for three years active duty, and for women be involved in serving the community for three years, then these dreamers can apply for citenship. If they are unwilling to do they will be deported. These "dreamers" are often caught demonstrating, and saying they have a right to be in the USA. I completely disagree.

justme

I agree. Only citizens of the United States have rights in the United States.

• Like 2

I agree. Only citizens of the United States have rights in the United States.

Okay, backtracking a little now. Non-citizens do have other rights, other than the rights granted to them by the State. They have the right to love and worship God. They have the right to exclude themselves from idol worship. They have the right to honor and not defame the name of God. They have the right to remember the Sabbath and to keep it holy. They have the right to honor their parents. They have the right to not kill anyone. They have the right to not commit adultery. They have the right to not steal. They have the right to tell the truth. And they have the right to not covet other peoples stuff. And they have the right to love their neighbors.

• Like 1

Staff

Here's what a so called dreamer or anchor baby did in my county:

A.J. Gonzalez, a 15-year-old boy from Santa Cruz, has been charged as an adult for the killing, sexual assault and kidnapping of 8-year-old Madyson Jordan Middleton.

Santa Cruz County District Attorney Jeff Rosell said the severity of the case, in which Maddy, according to the charging document was tied up, beaten, strangled, raped, killed and dumped in a garage recycling bin, merited a charge in superior court rather than juvenile court.

“We’re confident in the charges we filed and that’s what justice demands,” Rosell said, crediting law enforcement for the quick resolution of the case.

Rosell said, “I can’t remember any 15-year-old with these specific charges” that include six felonies, among them murder, forcible rape, great bodily injury and kidnapping by lying in wait.

Of course none of the mainstream media publications are reporting Gonzalez's citizen status. This monster lured an eight year old little girl to him with ice cream. He lived in her apartment complex. He was someone the little girl knew and approached with trust. Then he did the unspeakable.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

In my opinion, any message church leaders send to congress should focus on how this earth and everything on it belongs to God and we will answer for how we treated His property.

Edited by journeyman
incorrect grammar

Here's what a so called dreamer or anchor baby did in my county:

Of course none of the mainstream media publications are reporting Gonzalez's citizen status. This monster lured an eight year old little girl to him with ice cream. He lived in her apartment complex. He was someone the little girl knew and approached with trust. Then he did the unspeakable.

God bless,

William

I am sick to read of such wickedness. This poor little girl. If I were her father and mother there would be such deep pain. Only God can heal the wounds of these parents hearts to where they can get up and function. This young man gave his soul to Satan, and look what he did. Many people involved in gangs and sexual slavery are possessed by demons. Christians never take for granted in dealing with bad people that you are safe.

justme

There are those who feel that whoever is in this country are a mission field. The mission field coming to the missionary. In That I would agree. However -- the citizenship -- at Some point the kids realize that their parents are not hear legally. Or maybe the parents shield their non- legal status from their kids. But with so much publicity about legality / citizenship -- at Some point, the kids / teens are knowledgable about their status and Can / Should be doing Something about it.

The parents are responsible for their kids / their legal / Non-legal status.

The teens that Are here Non-legally Can be showing their respect for our laws by applying for citizen ship -- since they are being such law-abiding promising young people now and have so much to offer This country.

People that are already here -- Legally Should have 1st priority to any benefits for education, health-care.

How would Other countries handle Anyone entering their countries illegally?

Surely Christian leaders know the difference between legal and non-legal. As should our Congressmen. Why don't we Obey our laws.

Why put down a red carpet for Anyone who is not following our laws. Being here illegally does Not call for red-carpet treatment.

• Like 1

I hear such disrespect from some dreamers on tv. How dare these punks demand anything. give then t a boot out of the USA.

justme

They did the right thing in ignoring his citizenship statue. It isn't relevant to what he did. American citizens who were born here have done things just as bad. We shouldn't condemn all dreamers because one of them was evil.

• Like 1

They did the right thing in ignoring his citizenship statue. It isn't relevant to what he did. American citizens who were born here have done things just as bad. We shouldn't condemn all dreamers because one of them was evil.

True, however under our anti-Christ President Obama, these dreamers were protected. Their parents came here illegally, and the results is they too are the same. The cycle will never end unless the Government does something very soon. It seems to be there muct be some way to give these dreamers a choice to become a citizen, or leave. perhaps military service, or some service to our country much like the WPA in the depression. But just granting citizenship seems to me to be wrang.

justme

Staff

Mainstream media ignores his citizen status because reality does not agree with the liberal narrative and political agenda to push sanctuary cities. The news should report the facts, and not act as a Judge on what is inadmissible.

Why would anyone expect an illegal to be a law abiding citizen? By "illegal" they are by very definition breaking the law. Dreamers is a name given to illegals in order to appeal to the general public in a positive way which fits the left's agenda and narrative.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

And I'd be just as concerned about the illegals being given an opportunity to serve in our armed forces. How do We know that they would be supporting Our men in battle. If we have men / women from warring countries coming here, which we do. They Could just as easily turn against the very country they have been sent to defend. Go back to their home country and help Them rebuild their own country. Fight for their own religious freedom instead of trying to go against ours.