SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
markwsmith

One question no atheist can answer

markwsmith

Science itself proves that man is a hybrid, body and soul, but to avoid religious terms I will say body (physical) and person (spiritual)

science due to the 5 senses proves the body is knowable by these senses and that the body changes, but the person is not knowable by the 5 senses and does not change, I am the same person all my life! Therefire man is a hybrid! The source of the body is the natural conception of man and woman! WHAT is the source of your person???

It's not physical so it must be spiritual! Since you did not exist at one time, the only logical conclusion is that you were created, therefore there must be a creator!

• Like 1

CDF47

Atheists cannot answer where the information bearing properties of DNA come from.

Edited by CDF47
  • Like 4

Sue D.

Post # 1 -- yes, there must be a creator -- God 'did it'.

• Like 3

Innerfire89

The brain is like a piano, it requires a player (spirit). This is something that secular neruo scientists discovered no less, so there is no bias whatsoever, pure science.

• Like 2

erealmz

I like how you say "atheists" can not answer when in fact it is science that can not answer.

The atheist has no burden to answer anything. Yet somehow, the believer can not comprehend such a concept.

There need not be a creator to logically conclude that we exist. Self awareness should be understood to be the product of time. Reality as we perceive it consists of spacetime. Though consciousness is not fully understood, we know enough to understand that "being" is also a product of spacetime and required for us to exist.

• Like 2

Thoran

Science itself proves that man is a hybrid, body and soul,

No it doesn’t. The soul has not been proven. 

but to avoid religious terms I will say body (physical) and person (spiritual) 

science due to the 5 senses proves the body is knowable by these senses and that the body changes, but the person is not knowable by the 5 senses and does not change,

if by “person” you mean the mind, yes it does.

I am the same person all my life!

Really? That’s sad.

Therefire man is a hybrid! The source of the body is the natural conception of man and woman!

What has sex got to do with neurology?

...besides that!

WHAT is the source of your person???

Neurology.

It's not physical so it must be spiritual!

Wrong! the very web page you’re reading this second is neither spiritual nor physical. the letters you are looking at right now do not physically exist and will cease to be as soon as you turn this machine off or go to another page.

Nor does it have anything to do with gods or angels or pixies or genies or anything like that. this is not magic.

What you are looking at is SOFTWARE. 

Since you did not exist at one time, the only logical conclusion is that you were created, therefore there must be a creator!

Mum & Dad. 

Honestly, if you’re gonna try to stump Atheists with questions you think we can’t answer (which by the way doesn’t work but never mind that for now) at least pick things that don’t make you look uneducated. 

Do I actually need to explain how sex and birth work?

• Like 1

CDF47
1 hour ago, Thoran said:

No it doesn’t. The soul has not been proven. 

science due to the 5 senses proves the body is knowable by these senses and that the body changes, but the person is not knowable by the 5 senses and does not change,

I am the same person all my life!

Really? That’s sad.

Therefire man is a hybrid! The source of the body is the natural conception of man and woman!

What has sex got to do with neurology?

...besides that!

WHAT is the source of your person???

Neurology.

It's not physical so it must be spiritual!

Wrong! the very web page you’re reading this second is neither spiritual nor physical. the letters you are looking at right now do not physically exist and will cease to be as soon as you turn this machine off or go to another page.

Nor does it have anything to do with gods or angels or pixies or genies or anything like that. this is not magic.

Since you did not exist at one time, the only logical conclusion is that you were created, therefore there must be a creator!

Mum & Dad. 

Honestly, if you’re gonna try to stump Atheists with questions you think we can’t answer (which by the way doesn’t work but never mind that for now) at least pick things that don’t make you look uneducated. 

Do I actually need to explain how sex and birth work?

One question you can't answer is where do the information bearing properties of DNA come from?

William
Staff
3 hours ago, Thoran said:

No it doesn’t. The soul has not been proven.... .

Though I don't care for these discussions may I ask you to define the soul and person?

Also you are throwing around a term "science" as if some kind of magical process performs by itself. Is science self-sufficient and capable of reason as a foundational starting point from which we may utilize logic?

Please, by all means list some scientist and their works that have looked for a soul and come up empty handed. I often hear the term science thrown around but I am more interested in the scientist that have studied such subject and have come to the conclusion which you're stating as atheists. I'd also like to know the scientific method or process scientists utilized to come up empty handed. Exactly what are scientist looking for when you suggest that the soul hasn't been proven? Are scientist looking for some kind of an invisible man in a room somewhere in the body?

I can hear them now 🤣 there is no room in the body for an invisible soul!

Empirical senses are not our sole source of knowledge. For example, knowledge can be formed through introspection. Can we acquire knowledge about our "person" through introspection and our knowledge of the person changes, thus the rational thought of said person changes. We may also acquire knowledge through relations and even propositional facts but that's besides the point.

Please name one machine that was not created by a creator or a piece of software not programmed by a programmer.

Mum & Dad. 

You keep pointing to creation or in this case to both your parents which too are created beings. Are humans infinite or immortal therefore existing eternally or was there a beginning or point in time when the creation or humans came into existence?

We are working from a point or foundation in which a Creator is the uncaused first cause (He who causes to become). From there believers may establish rationale, logic, intelligence etc and even come to the conclusion that the Creator invites everyone to rationally investigate the universe or all creation. Without rational thought, logic, intelligence etc I suppose in your above analogies over time computers or machines magically put themselves together and so did the software?

Now lemme ask you a question. Do the presuppositions of an atheist affect the science applied to any evidence which is observed, tested and repeated? I mean, for example, an atheist and believer can both observe the same piece of evidence and come to quite different conclusions and narrations. Why is that?