SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
ConfessionalLutheran

What is a Non Denominational Christian?

deade

Yes, they do. They mainly read from the KJV but they also have their own translation. They believe Jesus drank grape juice and changed wine into grape juice which is clearly not Scriptural. They claim the wine drunk in the Bible is grape juice and all their followers should not drink any alcohol. They have a vegan diet and don't even eat fish which Jesus fed 5000 with.

I agree with you about their trend toward being vegan. God intended for us to eat meat. The Passover lamb was a mandated ritual, they had to eat it a certain way. Most SDA's accept you as long you keep the clean meat ordinance. I do not believe the clean meat ordinance was established under the law. We are given descriptions of clean animals first when Noah gathered for the ark. I believe God must have established that with Adam's instruction.

Yours, Deade

• Like 1

CDF47

I agree with you about their trend toward being vegan. God intended for us to eat meat. The Passover lamb was a mandated ritual, they had to eat it a certain way. Most SDA's accept you as long you keep the clean meat ordinance. I do not believe the clean meat ordinance was established under the law. We are given descriptions of clean animals first when Noah gathered for the ark. I believe God must have established that with Adam's instruction.

Yours, Deade

I agree.

Submission1
On 8/22/2017 at 11:00 PM, Acadia said:

I guess I can only speak for myself in this regard. I grew up attending a Lutheran Church, but now I simply consider myself a Christian. I came to a place in my faith where I did not want to take the name of any man or organization.

As for the whole Calvinist vs. Arminian issue, I'm neither. There are points of both views that I disagree with.

Just Christian.

Awesome, and as simple s the gospel...I can have issues with certain doctrines in both of the above as well.  Good post!

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:53 PM, ConfessionalLutheran said:

What is a Non- Denominational Christian? What do they believe? Are they Calvinists, Arminians, neither or both? How do they arrive at their theology?

A non-denominational Christian is simply a believer who has no religious affiliation . If anyone would ask me  what religion I associate with I answer that I am a believer in the Word of God ,old and new testament  . I do not believe in witnessing my faith to anyone unless the Holy Spirit directs and commands me to do so . I do not believe in " street corner " conversions because they usually leave a person with a false sense of security that usually does not last very long.  M

• Best Answer 1

pastor marty

I agree w/Matt. Be a Christian; the street people can tell, they have a great sense of predator & prey.When a Christian shows up U can sense their confusion; "Wuz dat ? Who he think he is ? etc !  And;YES, street corner salvation lasts as long as their drug-high .. (warning !) this can get U mugged ! 😎

Edited by pastor marty

Fyrelight

For 300 years after Christ's Ascension there were no denominations and the "Early Church" expanded pretty much across the known world at that time . . . until Constantine converted in (311-312) . . . and then Theodosius made "Christianity" the Religion of Rome. (Nicene Christianity became the state church of the Roman Empire with the Edict of Thessalonica in 380 AD, when Emperor Theodosius I made it the Empire's sole authorized religion.) And the Roman Catholic Church (and many of our "theological" problems began.

There is a difference between "religion" and True Christianity . . . Religion is almost always some set of rules, dogmas, doctrines,etc. that some well meaning individuals have codified as the approved method of reaching, getting to, understanding, worshiping God. True Christianity is God the Father getting to YOU. My role in the salvation process is to faithfully take the hand of an unbeliever in my right hand, God's hand in my left hand, put their two hands together and step back. It is the individual's true experience of God the Father's Love for them (as expressed by Christ on the Cross and His Blood as Atonement for our sins) that converts the soul and restores the unbeliever to the Love of the Father. Indeed I may have a place in that person's life in helping them in their new relationship, but I must keep i mind that not everything that "works" for me is necessarily going to work for them. Alot of stuff will, but for me to be dogmatic about what I know  as The Only Truth, And Nothing But The Truth is a great error. Just look at the world as you know it, IF all those who consider themselves "Christian" practiced their Faith then why is the world the way it is? Something Must be Wrong Somewhere, and on someone who considers themselves to be "non-denominational" sees this on some level and doe not want to play in Their Sandbox. Someone who is non-denominational is, and rightly so, looking for More than any denomination has to offer.

Remember, "It is not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord".

CodytheBerean1711

A non denominational church is an assembly that is independent of dictates by denominations and creeds, like Anglicanism, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Methodist, Holiness movement, Pentecostal, Baptist, etc. With that being said, a non denominational church can hold to a mixture of different creeds. For example, Calvary chapel is Calvinist AND believes that the gift of speaking in tongues, interpreting tongues, and miracles from those things. A Calvinist is usually cessationalist and a Pentecostal is usually Arminian.

A non denominational church is also very flexible and church setting can range from be

a small house church to a praise and worship church that looks like a pop or rock music concert, to a megachurch, like Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church.

Edited by CodytheBerean1711