The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
TonyT

Prayer Requests for TonyT

I am really scared about things like the Mark of the Beast and beheading in the end times. I start to sit and think about it and it becomes a bad habit. I am really fearful and I know that I should not be. Please pray about my fears and that any thoughts like these are stopped and overcome before anything bad can happen.

Praying.

They sent the wrong type of Chaplain, from the wrong type of religion and belief system. Please pray for my Aunt and her family.

• Like 2

Staff

They sent the wrong type of Chaplain, from the wrong type of religion and belief system. Please pray for my Aunt and her family.

Hello TonyT,

I think you would need to specify which type of chaplain as there are even atheist chaplains today.

You may want to inquire or call the church she attended and ask if that pastor would come and visit her. I wouldn't delay.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Hello Tony,

I see your prayer requests and admire your faith. I feel empathy toward you because of the weight of your fears on you. I have OCD, and can relate to the anxieties and fears. I ask the following lovingly - have you ever been evaluated for the possibility that you have an anxiety disorder?

• Like 1

Please pray that I would be willing to be persecuted for Christ without denying Him or giving into the devil. Even if it meant my life, please pray that I would never turn away from the Lord Jesus or turn to the devil.

Tony I am praying for you. Please know that the Lord is with you always. If it was recent that you gave your life to Christ, it is so important to stay in the God's Word. He will answer your prayers thru scripture...You are walking in the sprit. Pray daily and repent so that you may remain always in Him.

Hebrews 13:6

So we may boldly say:

“The Lord is my helper;

I will not fear.

What can man do to me?”

• Like 1

Tony I pray for you. I pray that the LORD breaks the feeling of fear and anxiety from you in Jesus' name.

God Bless!

We have a big fridge that we need to replace and it is in the middle of the living room still. Please pray that it does not fall down on anyone. Please pray for my family and I to be safe in the streets and to not trip or fall in the streets.

I am really stressed out and worried that I will say mean and evil things about people who are overweight (I am obese myself) and about people who are not Jewish. Please pray against that ever happening. I know that I can trust in God so that it wont ever happen, but I need support too. Thank You and God Bless.

• Like 1

Hello TonyT,

I think you would need to specify which type of chaplain as there are even atheist chaplains today.

You may want to inquire or call the church she attended and ask if that pastor would come and visit her. I wouldn't delay.

God bless,

William

It is too late. My aunt has already passed away. However it was a Catholic chaplain because he daughter's friend was catholic. I definitely see catholic as being a separate religion from Evangelical Christianity.

I am also worried about screwing up my prayers and I am worried that I will commit an unpardonable sin, please pray against all of that evil stuff ever happening in my life.

• Like 1

If you are a believer you don't have to worry about screwing up your prayers. Romans 8:26-27 says, "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

If you want to protect yourself against evil you need to spend time reading and obeying the Bible as well as praying.

• Like 3

If you are a believer you don't have to worry about screwing up your prayers. Romans 8:26-27 says, "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

If you want to protect yourself against evil you need to spend time reading and obeying the Bible as well as praying.

Amen to that. We should not live in unreasonable fear. Paul said God has not given us the spirit of fear but of sound mind. No sin has overtaken us that God has not given us a way out. If we humble our selves and admit our sins or weakness

• Like 2

Staff

It is too late. My aunt has already passed away. However it was a Catholic chaplain because he daughter's friend was catholic. I definitely see catholic as being a separate religion from Evangelical Christianity.

My Condolences TonyT.

God bless,

William

Sorry to hear that Tony. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Remember God is in control!

I am also worried about screwing up my prayers and I am worried that I will commit an unpardonable sin, please pray against all of that evil stuff ever happening in my life.

How does a Messianic come to know Jesus as Savior? What is your position on eternal security for those who confess Jesus as Savior? What sort of evil stuff are you experiencing now? Where is it coming from? How do you respond to it?

You are in my prayers.

• Like 2

Are you concerned about blaspheming The Holy Spirit (unpardonable sin)?

Sorry to hear that Tony. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Remember God is in control!

Thank you for your kind words.

Please pray this for all human beings. Please pray that I never think, say, do or write anything that is sinful, satanic, blasphemous or evil.

Please pray this for all human beings. Please pray that I never think, say, do or write anything that is sinful, satanic, blasphemous or evil.

Hi Tony,

I will pray for you. Cast all your cares on God, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

• Like 2

Christ is with you Tony, He will lead you away from evil and into peace, He will guide your mind and heart.

• Like 2