The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
TonyT

Prayer Requests for TonyT

Dear Lord, Please help my dear Brother with good thoughts that bring You no offence. Please Bless him real good today and everybody he loves. In Jesus' mighty Name, Amen.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

• Like 1

Please pray for my precalculus test tomorrow. I have been studying for it and doing my homework. Please pray that I get enough points to end the class with a C and I know that I will. Thank you.

I hope you do well Tony.

I passed my Algebra class with a D.

I was terrified that I would fail and have to take the course all over again.

• Like 1

For the New Year and the entire future, please pray for anyone who will pass away. Please pray that they repent of their sins and turn to Jesus and believe in Him before they pass away.

Please pray that I remember having a history of using clean and respectful language all of my life. Please pray that I would never slip up and that everything in the past, present and future that I think, say and do is perfect.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 1:15 AM, TonyT said:

Please pray that I remember having a history of using clean and respectful language all of my life. Please pray that I would never slip up and that everything in the past, present and future that I think, say and do is perfect.

Praying for you Tony. God bless you (((hug)))

• Like 1

Please pray for me and someone who I knew in an online MMORPG game called Shaiya. I will not tell the whole story about it or about what happened as I want to keep some of it personal. This is going back to the late 2000s about 2008-2009, I was 13 and left the game because my family was moving to another state so we had to move our computer too and I didn't come on for while because the computer wasn't hooked back up to the internet right away, and someone that I knew in the online game wanted me to call them and I didn't want to because I was scared and because they were a person older than me. I deleted my character on the certain faction I was on and changed factions and left that person and my old guild on that side. because I never came back to them or called them because I was scared and felt it was too late.  Please pray that this person is okay and that nothing bad has happened to them and that God has given me the peace that nothing bad has happened to them because of me or anyone else..

Please pray for my studies this new year and please pray that I would never cheat in my classes. Please pray that I remember the hard work that it has taken to be where I am at now.

Please pray for someone that I messed up and said something to that I probably shouldn't have said to on Yahoo Answers and now I cannot find them again and it has been years since I posted it online. Just please pray that they are okay and that nothing bad happened.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, TonyT said:

Please pray for someone that I messed up and said something to that I probably shouldn't have said to on Yahoo Answers and now I cannot find them again and it has been years since I posted it online. Just please pray that they are okay and that nothing bad happened.

Yes it is a big problem.

we should think before we speak in real world and cyber world as well.

Please pray for me not to be concerned about what ethnicity features I have. Please pray that I doesn't cause me to sin or curse against God, in which I have never used His' Name in Vain and never will.

@OrigenHello I know this is from a long time ago and I cannot find the post, but when I said I pray almost everyday in the past, I really meant everyday. I have been praying quite often over the past 9 or 10 years and have been humbly perfected by God according to His' grace.

Please pray for me because I am taking an online required class for my degree called Health Sciences and the chapter I just read condones homosexuality and the next chapter we are supposed to read is about abortion. Please pray that I stay away from these evil ideas, beliefs and practices of liberal colleges and that I finish the class (they also require discussions in the class which are kind of personal/inappropriate) without condoning or having anything to do with what they teach. I 100% hate abortion and homosexuality and I am against these sins 100% and do not condone them.

• Praying 1

Staff
14 hours ago, TonyT said:

Please pray for me because I am taking an online required class for my degree called Health Sciences and the chapter I just read condones homosexuality and the next chapter we are supposed to read is about abortion. Please pray that I stay away from these evil ideas, beliefs and practices of liberal colleges and that I finish the class (they also require discussions in the class which are kind of personal/inappropriate) without condoning or having anything to do with what they teach. I 100% hate abortion and homosexuality and I am against these sins 100% and do not condone them.

My wife went through a similar situation getting her degree.

There are organizations such as these, perhaps you may seek employment there? Hint, just because you may work in public health care doesn't mean you have to go against your convictions.

Tony its important to know what these wretched people think, so you have an edge to combat this thinking when you have the opportunity to share Christ with those who live in  the darkness of Satan's lies. God Bless you Tony. I too was a long time exposed to this wicked thinking about three decades ago in a CPE program.

Please pray that harsh things that were said by others to me in the past that I am able to forget about it and that it doesn't affect the fun and goodness that I am having now (from God of course). 

Please pray for help to forget about all the mean or ignorant things that others have said to or about me whether it was from someone older or younger than me. I am also praying against this personally. Thank you and God Bless.

Please pray for my past, present and future educational career. Please pray that God helps me to realize that with His' help that it was and is perfect and please pray that He helps me never to cheat. Yes, there was slip ups on my part but it was pretty rare. I also pray this myself too.

Staff
1 hour ago, TonyT said:

Please pray that I am for Speaking in Tongues no matter what.

Staff
6 hours ago, TonyT said:

Please pray that I am for Speaking in Tongues no matter what.

Tony a  story of 2 grandmothers. 

Both ladies were Christian

One was kind 

One was bossy to the point of rudeness.

One thought she had all the answers needed 

One thought her actions justified her. 

One looked down on other Christians 

One spoke in tongues