The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Biologists Analyze 900-Year-Old Gospel of Luke

Now, that's interesting! I just wonder how they hope to put the knowledge they gather from the gleanings taken from the old book to good use? I enjoy history, and archaeology, and topics like this one, so even if all they do is publish what they've learned as to the health and life styles of those who handled the book 900 years ago, it would be enjoyable to read, so far as I'm concerned. :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• 6 Lessons from Gladys Aylward About Gospel Success

Have you longed for God to use you on the foreign mission field? Is there a specific area of the world on your heart? Perhaps you feel convinced it’s God’s will for you to serve there, but he hasn’t sent you yet—although you’re willing. Do you wonder if it’s because you’re unqualified for the task? Or if he would rather use someone else? Gladys Aylward probably had similar feelings. Born in Britain in the early 1900s, she became a Baptist missionary to China and served among poor children for 2

in Christian Current Events

• Feeling Unmoved by the Gospel

About one year ago I gave myself to Christ. It was a pretty abrupt conversion where I went from being a pretty agnostic person never thinking I would ever be a religious person to becoming very fervent in my studies of the Christian faith. I went from not even knowing what the Bible was about to reading the Bible hours a day, studying theology books, and constantly thinking/praying for God to keep growing my faith.    Although I feel that the Holy Spirit has been working in my life and

in General Faith

• The Gospel Does Not Need Super Bowl Rings

Whether it’s the Super Bowl or any Saturday in college football, you’ve probably heard it—the postgame praise of God for a thrilling win. It’s a rite in the liturgy of much American sport, almost as scripted as a responsive reading. Fans are conditioned to expect that many victorious athletes, approached by microphone-clutching reporter, will breathe out glory to God for unrivaled success. As Christians living in a culture increasingly averse to the gospel, we exult in their opportunity to spea

• A Gospel Voice in Southern Malawi

She searched for a gospel-focused church for four years before finding one. A University of Malawi medical student had become discouraged, since every church seemed to focus on success and the importance of holiness. After discovering Antioch Baptist Church (ABC) in her college city of Blantyre, Zaithwa Matemvu was amazed by the depth of its preaching. As an Antioch member for a year now she says, “Jesus and what he did for us on the cross came through very clearly.” Blantyre is the second-lar

• The Gospel of the Holy Trinity

Why the revelation of God as Trinity is the very heart of the Gospel! View the full article

in Soteriology and Reformation Theology