The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

CNN turns my stomach

Staff

Staff
The Pastor gets my vote. The news anchor does not.

Right, there's only one Pastor Voddie Bauchman in the video. The others are a news anchor and woman dressed up like a Pastor. It sickens me that the woman wearing the cloth would side with the world and the news anchor taking pot shots at a man clearly proclaiming Sola Scriptura.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Right, there's only one Pastor Voddie Bauchman in the video. The others are a news anchor and woman dressed up like a Pastor. It sickens me that the woman wearing the cloth would side with the world and the news anchor taking pot shots at a man clearly proclaiming Sola Scriptura.

God bless,

William

Yeah, I've done a Bible study with Voddie, he's a pretty sound teacher.

• Like 2

Staff

I never heard this before ... That man has guts .. a real man :)

• Like 1

Staff

yup i saw that ... I am late to the party cause i do not watch CNN ::RpS_flapper:

• Like 1

CNN should have their press credentials permanently revoked by Trump

Is that possible? That would be awesome if it were.

CNN should have their press credentials permanently revoked by Trump

I don't see why he couldn't. He's revoked their credentials from specific events, why couldn't he do that throughout his tenure? Although the next POTUS could do what he/she wants

One has to be careful of Fox News as well. They often have news articles on their home page that are quite salacious.

For example, today (Sunday, December 23rd) some of them read:

1. 'Avengers,' 'Captain America' star Hayley Atwell nude photos hacked: report

2. Kourtney Kardashian’s sexy Christmas pic totally failed

With so many more really important news we get this smut thrown at us. The links to the above purposefully not supplied.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Faber said:

One has to be careful of Fox News as well. They often have news articles on their home page that are quite salacious.

For example, today (Sunday, December 23rd) some of them read:

1. 'Avengers,' 'Captain America' star Hayley Atwell nude photos hacked: report

2. Kourtney Kardashian’s sexy Christmas pic totally failed

With so many more really important news we get this smut thrown at us. The links to the above purposefully not supplied.

Huh ? FOX ? Are you sure ? I cannot recall anything controversial in anything I have ever watched or heard from FOX News . FOX still rules the media .   m

In the world you will have tribulation, not peace. Jesus brings a sword of division.

Jesus said of the blind leading the blind both will  fall into the pit, (of hell).

Much of culture is of the world, but I admit I would rather live in the USA vs almost any other country while I have to live in my flesh.

I just went to Busch Gardens Christmas in Williamsburg and enjoyed many of the Christmas culture, shows and the lights.

Sitting next to me a women asked her friend what the show was about, it was Gloria, about the birth of Christ and she had no clue what she was seeing, while she drank from a Bush garden aluminum beer bottle, lol.

Agree.

I just try to avoid that mindless garbage. Yahoo News (if it can be called "News") is up there in the level of awfulness and stupidity. I was just hoping Fox wouldn't go that route.

Although not having as many stories I can say that https://www.oann.com has never (to this day) disappointed me in this area.

Ok, watched vid, Deborah was a problem as the pastor says. Deborah sat outside the gates under "the palm tree of Deborah", which is against the OT commands of the law as to where the judge was to sit.

And they were NOT to have a tree! So it seems she may have been under influence of the pagan culture.

Judges 4:5 And she would sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the mountains of Ephraim. And the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Deuteronomy 16:18 “You shall appoint judges and officers in all your gates, which the Lord your God gives you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with just judgment. 

19 You shall not pervert justice; you shall not show partiality, nor take a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and [e]twists the words of the righteous. 

20 You shall follow what is altogether just, that you may live and inherit the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

21 “You shall not plant for yourself any tree, as a ]wooden image, near the altar which you build for yourself to the Lord your God. 22 You shall not set up a sacred pillar, which the Lord your God hates.