The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
harijobs

How do you beat stress?

Hi, I take long walks in the countryside to destress, just being out and about in the fresh air has a calming influence on me.

Life can be overwhelming at times, I think it's important to clear your mind from time to time and take in the beauty of our earth.

On 5/19/2017 at 2:57 AM, harijobs said:

Stress has become a common problem nowadays and almost everybody is feeling that very casually. I used to beat off stress by watching some movies or listening to music. Or else even after all these, I feel stressed I would sleep off forgetting about all the bad things happened. So what about you? What do you do to beat off stress?

I do it by playing video games and trying to ignore people who talk about feeling stressed (Not talking about you or anyone else here, I am just talking about the people at work and school for me. It really helps)

In a couple of weeks we'll start with our agility group again, after Christmas break. It's a great way to beat stress. Hopefully it'll not be too cold then - we have a hall that is only mildly heated. Dog shows are also great stress-beaters for me, but I have to wait before we can start with shows again. I clipped the coats of my shih tzus last summer and it takes about two years to grow them to full show lenght.