The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
William

Major Site Wide Update - 5/4/2017

Staff

Vbulletin 5.3.1 Alpha

Support for Large Forums

In the past there have been some performance issues with sites that have a very large number of Forum Channels (200+) and a large number of custom usergroups. In vBulletin 5.3.1, we have refactored how permissions are stored in the datastore and loaded into memory when people visit your site. This has allowed us to increase performance by an order of magnitude while lowering the required amount of memory to process each page. For more information see VBV-14871

Administrator and Moderator Security

We take the security of your site very seriously. Over the years we have introduced a number of technologies to keep your site secure from exploits. Recently in 5.3.0, we introduced Two-Factor Authorization for Administrators and Moderators. In 5.3.1, we are introducing the ability to restrict the ability of Administrators and Moderators by IP Address as well. By entering a series of IP addresses in your configuration file, you can restrict these areas to the individuals with those addresses.

To configure this for your site, edit your /core/includes/config.php and alter these values:

//  ***** RESTRICT ADMINCP/MODCP ACCESS BY IP ***** //  You can provide a list of IP addresses that can access the AdminCP. This can increase security of your site. //  Enter IP Addresses (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) separated by a comma. An Empty value disables this feature. $config['Security']['AdminIP'] = '';  //  You can provide a list of IP addresses that can access the ModCP. This can increase security of your site. //  Enter IP Addresses (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) separated by a comma. An Empty value disables this feature. $config['Security']['ModIP'] = ''; 

Route by Node

An option has been added to create URLs on your site by Node ID instead of relying on title text. This is primarily in place to allow foreign language sites to access URLS that are not currently accessible due to encoding issues. You can find this option in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. Set the Route Channels and Conversations by Node ID to Yes.

MAPI Update

We have update the vBulletin 5 Mobile API to handle Articles and Events. Once this is supported in the Mobile Apps, your users will have access to this content.

MySQL Version Update

Please note that MySQL 5.1.15 is an old version of the software and no longer under direct support. In vBulletin 5.3.2, we will be increasing the required version of MySQL and MariaDB to 5.5.X. This will provide customers with an additional performance boost and most servers have most likely updated. There are no immediate database changes planned to support this change. We will provide further information as it becomes available.

Staff

Vbulletin 5.3.1 "Final" was installed last night (6-1-2017). Please report any errors etc. Everything seemingly is working right, but this is the place members are to report anything abnormal.

God bless,

William

I really do not understand. I'm a bit technologically unlearned (P Incorrect for "technologically challenged :o). But what you're saying sounds good to me. I can trust you for the safety and privacy of my account in this great forum.

Thanks for your hard work. You are making a wonderful difference for the Christain community. God bless you!

• Like 3