The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Perfectionism is the reason why I struggled with my faith

As stated before, Jesus had the authority to forgive all sins while he was on Earth, including the thief on the cross. Now we must be baptized in his name for the remission of our sins. The moment you are baptized you are saved, lest you be like Cain who with good intentions offered his best grain to God but was rejected.

And yes Faber five posts should be more than enough for me. Sounds good.

Okay Trist. Thank you. I just sent a private message to Origen and I also think it went to you as well (?).

His offering was rejected by God Because it was not a blood sacrifice -- it was of his own fruit work. His 'good works' were not want God wanted.

Jesus Christ // God's son// died on the cross for our sins and rose again on the 3rd day -- that is the Gospel unto salvation. Acknowledging our personal need For salvation and accepting what Jesus Christ did as being sufficient in God's eyes. That's what's important. Baptism is important -- as an outward demonstration of what has already taken place in our heart. But it is Not essential For salvation.

Just don't understand the need for a formal debate on the subject. But, then again, it's in PM form --so as to be private. And I'm simply another poster with an opinion. :)

You must understand there is the old man of the flesh, and the new man of the Spirit.

That which is born of the Spirit CAN NOT SIN, because he has been born of God.

The new creation in Christ is in fellowship, joined as one spirit with HIM, and is perfect.

We have come to the New Jerusalem to the spirits of just men made PERFECT.

But there still exists the old man that sins in the body.

The body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is life because of righteousness.

1 John 3

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Hebrews 12

22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the [j]general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.