The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ChatterBox

Rare coin donation funds new church

An Indiana church was amazed to find a single coin donated by a widow was enough to fund their new church. The coin was an 1866 liberty dollar, one of the rarest coins in the US, worth and estimated $300,000 or more. The auction house they contacted immediately wired the church an advance of $150,000, allowing them to reach the goal for their church just a few hours before the deadline. The donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, said it was bought by her late husband and she donated it to the church as seed money for their new building.

For some reason, this reminds me of the lesson of the widow's mite, although this widow's mite was worth more in material, not just spiritual, terms.

Amazing story! God provides at the right time His children need it.:-)

Doesn't he though?! I love stories like that. You know that woman is in the Lord too, otherwise, she wouldn't remain anonymous.

So wonderful. God bless her. It shows her devotion to christ and her helping tendency. She might have used it for her own well fare and become rich but she donated to the church helping them at the right time. This is a lesson for us to that god is always watching us and helping everyone through someone. :)