The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ChatterBox

Prayers please, for the victims of the London Terror attack today.

ChatterBox

At least one dead, many more wounded, after a "presumed" terrorist attempted to storm the Houses of Parliament in a four-wheel drive. He mounted the pavement on Westminster Bridge and ploughed through civillians, causing most of the casualties, before he rammed the gates of Parliament. The culprit was shot by police before he got further, but one officer was stabbed and their prognosis is unknown. Government is suspended, with the Cobra committee (our governmental emergency response) meeting tonight.

Please can I request your prayers for the victims of the attack, and those harmed doing their jobs protecting others?

• Like 1

harijobs

I pray to god for all the poor souls and innocent bloods spilled because of this terrorist activity. I feel sad for all the families who lost their loved ones. May their souls rest in peace.

wfredeemed009

Praying for England tonight 🙏

anupamas2

May their Souls rest in peace. May God grant the victims strength to forgive the wrong done to them and overcome their grief and make the people involved in these terrorist activities to realize their mistake and come back to God. Amen.

• Like 1

CindyStar

When I first heard what happened on the news I felt sad inside because it's another terrible tragedy where innocent people die and get hurt badly. Yes the victims are definitely in my prayers and I also want to pray for peace in this world. I also hope and pray that there won't be anymore attacks here in the United States as well. I don't know what tomorrow may bring but I know that I can continue to make a positive difference and to help others in need. Amen!

tony

LORD please have mercy on the souls of those who lost their lives from this HORRIFIC terror attack. May they find find everlasting peace with you. In JESUS name, Amen

And let the evil plans of wicked looking to perpetuate evil fall on them.