The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Diego

Returning member.

Hello, all. I thought I would pop my head in. I FINALLY have a device that works well enough to use this Forum! My computer is still on the Fritz, but I have a Kindle Fire which does a fine job.

I am sorry for my absence. I missed you all. I hope all has gone well for you in the time I have been away. Anyway, write back soon, ok?

Staff

It is very good to have you back.

Staff

Hello Diego, and welcome back!

God bless,

William

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Judge Blocks Trump Administration Policy of Returning Asylum Seekers to Mexico

By Grace Carr - A U.S. judge on Monday temporarily barred the Trump administration from enforcing its “Remain in Mexico” policy which returns asylum seekers back to Mexico while they await a hearing. San Francisco Judge Richard Seeborg ordered the administration on Monday to halt the deportation of asylum seekers and gave federal officials until Friday to contest the decision, according to The Associated Press. The ruling comes after two civil liberties groups sued the administration over

in Political Conservative News

• Senate Intelligence Member Angus King Says He Still Does Not Accept Mueller Report Of No Collusion

By Henry Rodgers - Senate Intelligence Committee member Angus King (I-ME) said he does not accept Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s findings of zero collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, saying the Senate has not completed their investigation. In a Friday interview, which is set to air on “Firing Line” with Margaret Hoover on PBS, the Maine Democrat says the committee is still looking into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, hinting their investigation is not “crimin

in Political Conservative News

• Alabama Woman, Former ISIS Member Wants to Return to U.S.

An Alabama woman who left the U.S. five years ago to join ISIS says she wants to return to her home in the U.S. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Looking for a graphic or logo designer by a member

I'm looking for a designer. Perhaps you'll consider this: I need a better original than I have in storage. There are some imperfections (spacing) and the overall graphic is poor quality. I'd like to have the logo in various sizes or something that can be vectored in multiple sizes. I'd like to have it so that the logo on a transparent background contrasts not only when placed on a white background but a black one. In summation, I need two logos identical but with different colors to contras

in Site Updates and Info

• Returning Protestant

Hi,  My name is Sara and I'm returning to Protestant Christianity after 15 years as a Catholic.  It's weird; on one hand I'm a very new believer- only a few weeks.  On the other hand, I was Protestant before I was Catholic, and I know a lot about both, so I'm not a newbie in that sense.   I'm a student who is currently taking a break from school due to health reasons, and I like to write, read, listen to music/sing, and play video games.  I live in the Pacific Northwest.  

in Welcome Mat