The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ChatterBox

What Christian story would you like filmed?

What Christian story would you most like to see as a movie? It can be anything: a famous Christian or saint, a Bible story, something about the church. It could be something that has already been filmed, but you don't think they did a good job on it, or would like to see it remade. If there's something the should never be a movie or not remade, then feel free to mention that as well!

One I'd like to see in a few years would be a life story of the current Archbishop of York. Speaking out against Idi Amin and being imprisoned by him, condemning Mugabe and cutting up his dog collar among other things make him someone worth noting. Another would be a story of the Bible itself, the various early church councils, the conflicts, the decisions taken, and disagreements over translations that eventually lead to the modern day (if someone's already made this then please tell me as it is something I am fascinated by).

Staff

I'd like to see a movie centering on the Protestant Reformation through the life of John Calvin continued to the Synod of Dort. There are some great movies that focus in on Martin Luther, but not Calvin's contributions.

Chatterbox, "Another would be a story of the Bible itself, the various early church councils, the conflicts, the decisions taken..."

I'd hope that the movie incorporated this great documentary but only dramatized the various debates which were pivotal moments including councils: https://www.christforums.org/forum/e...y-of-calvinism

God bless,

William

• Like 1

I too would like to see such a movie, or perhaps a mini-series, as long as it was historically accurate, of course ;)

I'd also love to see a movie about the life and times of Servetus (which would include players like the Roman Catholics, Geneva's Libertines, and of course, Calvin and the rest of the Reformers. His real life would have all the drama and intrigue that Hollywood could ever hope for. Sadly though, we'd probably never see the truth about Servetus on the big screen because I'm sure they would portray him in a FAR, FAR better light than he deserves, and Calvin in a far worse one :( (history being more than a bit jaded at this point because of the endless ad hominem attacks on Calvin over the years .. because if you can't take down the man's theology that you disagree with, I guess you have to lie and go after the man instead).

• Like 1

I would like to see a movie about "The Last Supper" but it would be about the painting that Leonardo Da Vinci painted, that he was commissioned to do back in 1495 in a refectory,which is a dining house in a religious institution like a monastery. I think it would be interesting to see him paint this wall and the painting is bigger than you think,measuring 15 feet x 29 feet,and also they could show some of techniques he used and about his life at the time,but make it into a story,not just a documentary?

Adam and Eve? I think it's very challenging to come up with an interesting movie out of this couple. It would be quite hard for a filmmaker to showcase eternal happiness from these two. In our state now, it is impossible not to feel isolation when you find out there are only two of your own kind left in this world. No man is an island. But there's more to the story of Adam and Eve that truly captures the extent of human imperfections and how we have become used to a different kind of paradise. That which there is fame and fortune as compared to the simplicity of Garden of Eden. How people changed from being content to malicious.

Adam and Eve? I think it's very challenging to come up with an interesting movie out of this couple.

The fact that at first they wore no clothes could also prove to be a problem.

• Like 1