The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ptahm22

What next after the 1000 years reign?

I've read in the book of Revelations that Gog and Magog shall return after 1000 years to deceive the world again only to be quickly destroyed by fire.But what happens after that ? Will every one go to heaven? Will the animal and human race become extinct. Muslims believe that Jesus will defeat the anti christ, marry and die like a normal man. Believers will be taken to heaven and the wicked will be left here till judgment.

​​​​What do Christians believe?

This is open to discussion.

You can find the answer by reading Revelation 20:11 to the end of the book. There is the final judgment when all who are evil are thrown into the lake of fire. After this a new earth is created to replace this one, the New Jerusalem descends from heaven to earth, and then begins an eternity of worshiping and serving God without any more sin or death.