The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Todd

Hi all

New here so I wanted to say hello. I'm Presbyterian (conservative) by faith. Currently attending a Lutheran Church but I doubt I will be staying as it is too liberal for me. I do like the worship and music though. I like old cars, good conversation and etc. I'm not a pushy kind of guy in fact I'm too laid back.

• Like 2

Staff

Welcome Todd, and we're pleased to have you join us.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Hey Todd, WELCOME TO CF :) I'm glad you found us. I'm a former Presbyterian too (PCUSA) who got out because even though my local church was extremely conservative, the Denomination was going off the deep end. OPC and PCA are excellent choices, though there were none near me, so I ended up in the Evangelical Free Church instead (which has been an good & interestingly different kind of experience :)).

See you out on the boards (Dv).

Yours and His,

David

Edited by David Lee

I ended up in the Evangelical Free Church

Would you consider a PCA or OPC church?

Even in cold, dead, and dark North East, I have 3 PCA churches to choose from. They are all 30 min drive, but I would drive further than that to avoid repeating my past experience in an EFC. At least for me, it was not good.

The last time I attended an EFC, which is 10 min from house, the pastor came to the pulpit wearing a Spiderman mask. Worst than that, it was Easter Sunday! I stood up and walked out, mid-service.

I'm so thankful for the PCA, and hope that it (some of it) can reverse its slow but steady slide into liberalism.

• Like 1