The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Origen

Extreme KJV Onlyism

Staff

11825929_10207757899895030_1595284946728139622_n.jpg?oh=9fce4964c0da24aeb8fcb7ec93d81eac&oe=58EDE234&__gda__=1490932760_03505b07621b9d523ce33898f564c0af

The KJV is the preserved Word of God and not the Greek and Hebrew texts. Really?

• Like 2

Staff
;)Ha ha, because we all know KJV was the original text that first and second century churches used.
No doubt! Who knew they spoke English way back then.

• Like 1

None of the English translations are wholly accurate in their Greek and Hebrew translation because there are nuances that are completely absent. And passages often are read at face value only - fundamental literal hermeneutics.

However, I do love the KJV translation, it is my favorite in fact.

I was going to say, I didn't think they spoke Stuart English when the Bible was written. Now if he had asked if I was tired of hearing pastors politically correct the Bible...

However, I do love the KJV translation, it is my favorite in fact.
Mine as well. I know it isn't necessarily an accurate translation of the Greek and Aramaic, since any translation will lose nuance even it retains the main message. What it does have is a certain poetry (some call it majesty) to the words that makes it stand out and stick in the mind in a way modern translations don't, and years of tradition behind it.

The human heart is an idol factory. It constantly seeks self-justification through works, and only the gospel can cure it.

Edited by thatbrian
  • Like 2