The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Your Favorite Quotes

A lose toung is as bad as lose bowels.

John Calvin.

​​​​

There is no worse screen to block out The Spirit than confidence in our own intelligence.

John Calvin.

Can't take the heat get out of the oven.

John Calvin. Lol.

• Like 2

T
he Christian life is very much like climbing a hill of ice. You cannot slide up. You have to cut every step with an ice axe. Only with incessant labor in cutting and chipping can you make any progress. If you want to know how to backslide, leave off going forward. Cease going upward and you will go downward of necessity. You can never stand still.

~Charles H. Spurgeon

• Like 2

W
hen we talk about perfect trust, we're talking about what gives us roots, character, the stability to handle the hard times. Trusting God doesn't change our circumstances, perfect trust in Him changes us

--Charles R. Swindoll

Next to the study of the Scriptures which I earnestly inculcate, I exhort my pupils to peruse
Calvin's Commentaries
, which I extol in loftier terms than Helmich himself [
a Dutch divine, 1551-1608
]; for I affirm that he excels beyond comparison (
incomparabilem esse
) in the interpretation of Scripture, and that
his commentaries ought to be more highly valued than all that is handed down to us by the library of the fathers
; so that I acknowledge him to have possessed above most others, or rather above all other men, what may be called an eminent spirit of prophecy (
spiritum aliquem prophetiae eximium
). ~Jacobus Arminius

A baby is cradled / carried in the womb of it's mother, to grow and be nurtured until birth.
Each baby is a wholly separate person from it's mother
: With different DNA, different fingerprints, with possibly a different blood type or the opposite sex.
The baby is a person living within a person and not "the mother's body"
. The mom is appointed to care for the separate life she carries within her and once it's born, find a home for her baby, if she can't provide one.

-- Melody Green

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"quote-out-of-100-men-one-will-read-the-bible-the-other-99-will-read-the-christian-dwight-l-moody-38-80-45.jpg","data-attachmentid":50852}[/ATTACH]

That may be true; however, Christianity isn't about my life, it's about Christ's life. Look to me, and be disappointed. Look to Christ and be saved from your sin.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fdb%2F82%2F59%2Fdb8259bc752e6e7e2b09667642c49c3c.jpg&hash=c4f9193fa649f78339544e2c6a6f5bfd.jpg","data-attachmentid":30384}[/ATTACH]

Now that quote should cause everyone to pause. Excellent quote.

• Like 1

Michael Coldham-Fussell (NZ Writer)

Whosoever believes in Christ is predestined to live forever in His Presence.

It is impossible for nothing to exist, because if it did then it would be something.

Where are we in the Universe if the Universe is in the Presence of God, and God's Presence is in the Universe?.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"484","width":"484","data-attachmentid":53681}[/ATTACH]

I like it...because if He doesn't know everything then He isn't God (Theology 101)

Belief forced against the will is unbelief still. John Locke You will keep him in perfect peace who mind is set on you. Isaiah 26:3. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

The simple definition of authority is, "the right to impose obligation". The authority of Scripture pertains to its right to impose obligation, to bind the conscience of the Christian as the ultimate standard by which we differentiate between right and wrong. ~Dr. R. C. Sproul