The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Your Favorite Quotes

Staff
679952344_CalvinSeminary.thumb.jpg.465fd86216b9574b87a890dff50627cd.jpg
  • Like 4

Staff
:) (we need a "Thumbs up" emoji)

I'll look into expanding the Emojis in the near future. I can put hundreds of them from a list selection including animated ones. But do we really want all those distractions?

God bless,

William

"Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Like 1

Philippians 4

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

quote-there-is-not-one-blade-of-grass-there-is-no-color-in-this-world-that-is-not-intended-john-calvin-4-56-86.jpg.1e29f62d48f6768bfa758c517b6e3790.jpg

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"timothy-keller-512607.jpg","data-attachmentid":43770}[/ATTACH]

The gospel is what makes a balanced Christian, something that there are far to few of in the world. ;)

I am so flawed that Jesus had to die for me, which keeps me from thinking too highly of myself.

I am so loved that He was glad to die for me, which keeps me from feeling like a worm. (see what I did there?) ;)

• Like 1

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. --Mark Twain

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. --Mark Twain

• Like 3

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. --Mark Twain

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said. --Mark Twain

Edited by David Lee
  • Like 1

"I do not dwell on the past; I do not undermine the present; and I do not fear the future, because I know who controls the times." ~ Jimi Akanbi

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge Him in everything you do, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

"How can you apply wisdom when there is no knowledge!" ~ Jimi Akanbi

• Like 3

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. --MarkTwain

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little; it's that they know so many things that just aren't so. --Mark Twain

• Like 1

Albert Einstein

“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”

Albert Einstein

“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.”
  • Like 1

“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle
.” – Albert Einstein
  • Like 4