The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
pah

The Temple Veil - Matt 27.51 & Heb 10.19-20

When Jesus died on the cross, the temple veil was torn from top to bottom:

Mat 27:50 And Jesus cried again with a loud voice, and yielded up his spirit. 27:51 And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake; and the rocks were rent;

And Paul explains the significance of the temple veil:

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 10:20 by the way which he dedicated for us, a new and living way, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye that once were far off are made nigh in the blood of Christ. 2:14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and brake down the middle wall of partition, 2:15 having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the twain one new man, so making peace;

The temple veil typified the barrier between God and man:

Heb 9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holy of holies; Heb 9:6 Now these things having been thus prepared, the priests go in continually into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the services; 9:7 but into the second the high priest alone, once in the year, not without blood, which he offereth for himself, and for the errors of the people:

Jesus was totally free of transgression and for that reason could not be held by the grave:

Act 2:24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pangs of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

But Jesus shared our nature to destroy the devil:

Heb 4:15 For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 2:14 Since then the children are sharers in flesh and blood, he also himself in like manner partook of the same; that through death he might bring to nought him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

• Like 1

Hi David, Glad that I found your web site. Thanks for the welcome. Hope that I posted in the right area.

PAH