The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Faber

Finding money

From your Christian point of view what should be done in the following situation:

You are walking on the sidewalk and you come across some money. Let's say it is a $20 bill. There isn't a wallet along with it so there is no way you can return the money to its proper owner and there is no one else around at this particular time.

Do you pocket it? Leave it? Or...?

Thank God and give $2 to the Church.

That's what I did when I found $20 in a field with no one around. I felt bad for whoever lost it because the field was between a housing project and a supermarket, so whoever lost it probably needed it. Yet the fact that it was blowing across a field when I came across it meant that the owner was not going to find it.

I can only do something about things that I can do something about. I offered a prayer for whoever lost the money, that was something that I could do.

Now that I think about it, I gave the money to my wife because she is much better at bargain hunting than I am.

• Like 3

Proverbs 12:22 (ESV)

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the sinner’s wealth is laid up for the righteous.

There are times when money was meant to slip out of the hands of someone to be blessing to another. I would praise the Lord for the money and give a portion to someone in need.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you mean a low denomination, because over a certain level with found money, I'd call the police!

It depends. If there was a bank or police station nearby I'd drop it in and ask them to hold it in their lost property in case someone came looking, because these are logical places the person who lost it would look. I'd also get a receipt for handing it in because I'm not that trusting anymore... If there was really no way to find the owner (out in a field or on a trail), I'd keep it, donate some, and offer a prayer that God will make up the loss for whoever lost it. That way some good comes of the loss, rather than the note getting destroyed by rain and weather.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this