The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Origen

Anthony Weiner - Portrait of a Complete Idiot

Staff

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/chil...einer-41792203

This guy is a prime example of a sleaze!!!

Staff
This is one guy who pretty much took his last name and made it a career choice.
LOL I wish I had said that.

• Like 1

I began writing a funny quip, and then I deleted it. I deleted it when I remembered that I am no better than Anthony, and given the right circumstances, I could have done the same things he has.

• Like 2

Staff
I began writing a funny quip, and then I deleted it. I deleted it when I remembered that I am no better than Anthony, and given the right circumstances, I could have done the same things he has.

G'day Bro,

While I wouldn't expect you to mock or joke about someone I'll ask, what's the difference between Anthony and yourself? Do you have any words of wisdom for Anthony or others that may struggle with the same sinful tendencies?

Just asking you to be the salt and light, thatbrian, the salt amongst tasteless men in a dark world.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

G'day Bro,

While I wouldn't expect you to mock or joke about someone I'll ask, what's the difference between Anthony and yourself? Do you have any words of wisdom for Anthony or others that may struggle with the same sinful tendencies?

Just asking you to be the salt and light, thatbrian, the salt amongst tasteless men in a dark world.

God bless,

William

God, in His grace has saved me from myself. That is the difference. I have not done the same things he has, to be clear; however, I am/was capable of such.

On a purely natural level, I am probably a "better" person than AW, but judged by God's standard, I am no different.

• Like 2

Staff

God, in His grace has saved me from myself. That is the difference. I have not done the same things he has, to be clear; however, I am/was capable of such.

On a purely natural level, I am probably a "better" person than AW, but judged by God's standard, I am no different.

Even so, I think it pleases God to have preachers of righteousness: 2 Peter 2:5.

I really didn't know whether you were serious thatbrian, because I found humor in your post given other threads. I tend to laugh at sarcasm. And I prefer the cold intellectual types which are like the clean snow and air from atop a mountain, rather than the low warm lands that are an infestation for all kinds of things. Of course that's just my preference.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Even so, I think it pleases God to have preachers of righteousness: 2 Peter 2:5.

I really didn't know whether you were serious thatbrian, because I found humor in your post given other threads. I tend to laugh at sarcasm. And I prefer the cold intellectual types which are like the clean snow and air from atop a mountain, rather than the low warm lands that are an infestation for all kinds of things. Of course that's just my preference.

God bless,

William

When in doubt, assume I am being sarcastic; however, in this instance, I am not.

Edited by thatbrian
  • Like 2

Bringing a toddler into a sexting conversation is a red flag. It's weird and perverse that he would even take a picture with his child in that context. I hope the wife gets the child, I don't think the kid will be safe otherwise.

• Like 1

Staff
Bringing a toddler into a sexting conversation is a red flag. It's weird and perverse that he would even take a picture with his child in that context. I hope the wife gets the child, I don't think the kid will be safe otherwise.
There is little doubt she will if for one reason only, Huma Abedin one of Hillary Clinton's top people. Edited by Origen

G'day Bro,

God bless,

William

I remember once when my daughter was leaving her husband and having an affair. I was so mad at her. She quit talking to me and one day I went out on my daily walk and vented to God. It's was odd. He was more interested in me and things going on in my life and I could hear Him saying, "What about you?" I'd say things like, "She knows better!!!" and "She's willingly walking into sin." Then it was like God would put up a spiritual mirror for me to look into. In condemning her, I condemned myself.

To make matters worse, my best friend and my older brother both said that God wanted ME to change! And that this situation was more about me than it was about her. Turns out that was true. That was the beginning on a long road of depression and anxiety that, of all people, my daughter nursed me through. She'd spent hours on the phone with me as I struggled in the depths of depression.

• Like 4

...On a purely natural level, I am probably a "better" person than AW, but judged by God's standard, I am no different.

I tend to view myself much as the Apostle Paul did... As being "Chief among sinners" --the absolute WORST of transgressors. Scripture clearly tells us that entertaining lustful thoughts, even for a millisecond, is just as vile and reprehensible as doing the deed. (Matt 5:28). Thus to consider oneself as being "better" than AW on ANY level is, to me, both a dangerous supposition and a subconscious nod and wink to the hubris of our unredeemed flesh.

Every human mind is reprobate and must be constantly transformed by the renewing power of God's Word and kept in check by the restraining power of the Holy Spirit until these "bodies of death" our Spirits groan and travail within receive their adoption/redemption.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.