The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
triple24m

Is Trump the evangelicals’ new drug for political power?

Very thought provoking article, I don't feel that Trump necessarily represents evangelical's interests as much as someone like Cruz but Trump is a lot better than Hillary with regards to that although honestly anyone would be.

Evangelicals who support Trump for anything other than his policies are backing the wrong horse but I must agree that he is a better choice than Hillary. However as a politician he'll do whatever will make him more popular and as America is already secular . . . he'll be leading the nation right into the abyss.

Evangelicals who support Trump for anything other than his policies are backing the wrong horse but I must agree that he is a better choice than Hillary. However as a politician he'll do whatever will make him more popular and as America is already secular . . . he'll be leading the nation right into the abyss.

Better to be a populist for the people than a Wall Street corporate puppet in my opinion, Hillary still hasn't released the speeches she made to those investment banks.

To everyone here that is voting for Trump, why? What makes him qualified to run our country? He has no previous political experience and if you listen his speeches they have no bearing on foreign polices. By his admission, he sells emotions and runs off of peoples fears and deepest thoughts that you would normally be afraid to speak out.

Hillary might not be savior of the best candidate, but she is more qualified then that village idiot.

Everyone is talking about emails that the feds have decided not to prosecute on, and the speech she had with investors, but Trump has not released his tax information for review. Why is that? He must be hiding something?

To everyone here that is voting for Trump, why? What makes him qualified to run our country? He has no previous political experience and if you listen his speeches they have no bearing on foreign polices. By his admission, he sells emotions and runs off of peoples fears and deepest thoughts that you would normally be afraid to speak out.

Hillary might not be savior of the best candidate, but she is more qualified then that village idiot.

Everyone is talking about emails that the feds have decided not to prosecute on, and the speech she had with investors, but Trump has not released his tax information for review. Why is that? He must be hiding something?

I'm not impressed by Trump, but I don't think resorting to name calling is a very good way to make a point or support an opinion. You haven't cited any specific foreign or domestic policy items that you would dispute with him. Also, experience as a politician doesn't have anything to do with an ability to lead and isn't necessarily a good thing. If you could articulate an argument against Trump based on facts instead of name-calling and emotional response you would be doing those that don't support him more of a service.

Religion and Christian faith should not be part of the political debate as far as I'am concerned. I believe in the separation of Church and State, but the evangelical voting block is a huge part of every election season. I will not necessarily say that Trump is the new drug, but he has struck a cord in America. Not since Ronald Reagan has a Presidential candidate came out of nowhere to do what he is doing today. The endorsement of Rev. Jerry Falwell Jr. is a huge advantage for Donald Trump. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Trump has a very secular presence. He certainly doesn't portray a very Christian image. It isn't an image that Evangelical Christians should attach to at least. It may not be about image though. It may be about what Trump is willing to do. Getting backing by Evangelical lobbyist groups for governing in ways they agree with or by making exceptions for them in certain areas does not seem right to me. The church should be separate from the state and openly backing a clearly secular individual does not seem right.

Staff
Getting backing by Evangelical lobbyist groups for governing in ways they agree with or by making exceptions for them in certain areas does not seem right to me.

You may find this an interesting article: http://religionnews.com/2016/01/04/s...avor-religion/

Believe me, though I am not a Trump backer at this moment, I'm looking for reasons to back him. Under Obama, Christianity has been oppressed for two terms, and Clinton would be another term. While I do not consider Trump a Christian (at least I haven't seen any real evidence of that) I might consider him an ally. Time will tell.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

You may find this an interesting article: http://religionnews.com/2016/01/04/s...avor-religion/

Believe me, though I am not a Trump backer at this moment, I'm looking for reasons to back him. Under Obama, Christianity has been oppressed for two terms, and Clinton would be another term. While I do not consider Trump a Christian (at least I haven't seen any real evidence of that) I might consider him an ally. Time will tell.

God bless,government

William

I am not a conservative in many manners. That said, I can see the logic in Scalia's stance on religion and government. It is very clear by what is printed on our money and many other traditions and rituals where government is involved that a true separation of church and state was not meant to be a separation of religion and state. Our founding fathers didn't want government dictating the ways of one particular denomination, they wanted people to be free to choose. It was about allowing religious freedom , not about stripping religion from government. Anyhow, thank you for sharing the article. It was interesting.

Fundamentally a Christian should look to biblical principals, ethics, and morals when choosing a leader, and see of the choices that are available who matches up the best. Hillary does not fit any of that. Trump is a salesman who knows how to run a business, and sell his product (in this case it is himself and he is doing a very good job thusfar). I am not completely sure where Gary Johnson falls in all of this.

Quite honestly if any of these candidates claim to be Christian most, if not all, of them have fruit that completely contradicts that claim. Sure, they may say they attend a certain church, and whether or not they are a Christian is ultimately between them and God, but we as Christians should be discerning enough to be able to look at their fruit and not trust what they say.

As Christians we should always start with looking for a biblical example of a leader and work from there. At this point I think it is pretty much between Johnson and Trump, with Johnson taking the lead (even though he has come out in favor of abortion).

Staff
Fundamentally a Christian should look to biblical principals, ethics, and morals when choosing a leader, and see of the choices that are available who matches up the best. Hillary does not fit any of that. Trump is a salesman who knows how to run a business, and sell his product (in this case it is himself and he is doing a very good job thusfar). I am not completely sure where Gary Johnson falls in all of this.

Quite honestly if any of these candidates claim to be Christian most, if not all, of them have fruit that completely contradicts that claim. Sure, they may say they attend a certain church, and whether or not they are a Christian is ultimately between them and God, but we as Christians should be discerning enough to be able to look at their fruit and not trust what they say.

As Christians we should always start with looking for a biblical example of a leader and work from there. At this point I think it is pretty much between Johnson and Trump, with Johnson taking the lead (even though he has come out in favor of abortion).

Like your post, but I can't come to your conclusion. Pro Abortion, no vote. With Trump, I believe he has indicated he is hiring someone of a pro-life position to address our issues - which may very well prove him to be an ally.

God bless,

William

Like your post, but I can't come to your conclusion. Pro Abortion, no vote. With Trump, I believe he has indicated he is hiring someone of a pro-life position to address our issues - which may very well prove him to be an ally.

God bless,

William

That is possible, however, even though Johnson might be pro-abortion on his stance, he is also of the opinion that it is not the governments business to get involved in the first place. Of course if Trump were to get behind the bill that Rand Paul has introduced that will declare life begins at conception that might just be the deal clincher among many truly conservative Christians. If that bill were to pass it would completely do away with roe v wade, and it would be considered murder to perform an abortion.

• Like 1

Staff

That is possible, however, even though Johnson might be pro-abortion on his stance, he is also of the opinion that it is not the governments business to get involved in the first place. Of course if Trump were to get behind the bill that Rand Paul has introduced that will declare life begins at conception that might just be the deal clincher among many truly conservative Christians. If that bill were to pass it would completely do away with roe v wade, and it would be considered murder to perform an abortion.

I believe Trump's son stated that yesterday at the convention. He said a bill was sent forward that Obama rejected banning Planned Parenthood. If Trump were in office that bill will pass. That was actually on par to win my vote. As you know, Christian liberty means a lot to me. Hillary is a no brainier, if elected she will oppress Christians for a third term.

As is now, I see a defined line between Trump and the Party. The Convention is saying things I love, but I will have to wait for Trump's speech to verify these things are coming from him. As far as I am aware, Trump is not bound to the Party Platform? I would hate to vote Trump in, only for him to say later, I never said that....

God bless,

William

I believe Trump's son stated that yesterday at the convention. He said a bill was sent forward that Obama rejected banning Planned Parenthood. If Trump were in office that bill will pass. That was actually on par to win my vote. As you know, Christian liberty means a lot to me. Hillary is a no brainier, if elected she will oppress Christians for a third term.

As is now, I see a defined line between Trump and the Party. The Convention is saying things I love, but I will have to wait for Trump's speech to verify these things are coming from him. As far as I am aware, Trump is not bound to the Party Platform? I would hate to vote Trump in, only for him to say later, I never said that....

God bless,

William

That is the ultimate concern, however, it does bode well for him that he picked a running mate that is clearly pro-life.

Trump is pro "Christian liberty" and wants religious people to have their voice heard on political matters without loosing their tax exempt status. I like the list Trump gave of potential supreme court judges trump will appoint from = so much better than Billary would choose. IMHO.

You may have heard it here first= Trump will win in a landslide Nov. 8!!!

Staff
Trump is pro "Christian liberty" and wants religious people to have their voice heard on political matters without loosing their tax exempt status.

Trump seems to not want to involve himself on issues where Christian business owners are being forced out of business or comply with laws that violate the business owner's conscience. Another words, on these issues, he favors the LGBTQ community.

As for the 501 tax proposition, I took it as a bribe for the evangelical vote. When I watched Trump give his speech, the way he delivered his message, "Evangelicals tell me I am unworthy" was a slap and insult from a man that never asked God for forgiveness yet. That's the problem with Trump, he speaks his mind and adds lib when veering off the teleprompter. I also noticed Trump said nothing about the Abortion holocaust.

As for me, if Hillary wins this, I plan on never letting Trump supporters forget this. They wanted this man before the nominees were selected, even in the earlier stages suggesting we needed to vote the lesser of two evils when there were a dozen or so Republicans in the field.

If Hillary wins, I more than likely will shift away from the Constitutional Republican party, and begin promoting Christian Theonomy.

God bless,

William

So will you vote for Billary who is pro abortion,pro gay marrage,pro sexual perversion ,liberal tax and spender?? and what about supreme court judges??

Staff
So will you vote for Billary who is pro abortion,pro gay marrage,pro sexual perversion ,liberal tax and spender??

No.

Trump is the equivalent of a 'shot-in-the-dark' for the evangelical community. Evangelicals know that Hillary will be very unfavorable if not intolerant to their belief system as the heavy hand of the government will be imposed upon them to the point that they will be taxed to pay for abortion on demand and officiate gay marriages in their churches. Trump is not a social justice warrior so the hope of evangelicals is that Trump will leave them alone (i.e. the status quo).

Trump offers help protection support for the free voice of evangelicals without threats of loosing their tax exempt status. Trump is not pro abortion gay marriage sexual perversion but Billary is. Enough said!

Islam's Koran says anyone that says God has a son will burn in hell and killing Jewish and Christians is a good thing if they refuse to convert. Jesus the Son of God was born a Jew!!!

i read a lot about islam, and here's what i know, islam says all the prophets believed in the same religion, a person cannot be a muslim without having believed in every single prophet and messenger of God. the relgion of Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Ismael, and all their descendants believed in the religion of God, and the it is truth that God does not change, and no does his religion, but God gave different scriptures and different laws for different messengers. as for what islam says, it says that every prophet was born muslim, and they believed in God. even jesus was a muslim when he was born, and the Quran says that the first words that jesus spoke were ' [h=2]{{ [Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet. And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah (obligatory alms) as long as I remain alive And ever benign to my (female) parent; (Literally: She who gave birth to me) and He has not made me arrogant, wretched. And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive." That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute. }} Quran ( Maryam : 30 )[/h] how could any human be the son of God??!!! how is it logical? and if the religion of God is always the same, then why did it had to change after the birth of Jesus? Saying that God has a son is blasphemy according to Islam. and btw, islam doesn't say u can just kill any jew or christian, in islam, it gives 3 options to the christians and jews, the people of the scripture. first option is, revert to Islam, second option is pay Jizyah ( an annual tax paid to the Islamic State,,, if a christian country pays jizyah to the islamic state, that nation will be left to rule by itself and it is forbidden for any muslim to attack it), the third is war, and if a person reverts to islam or pays jizyah it is forbidden for a muslim to attack them, i suggest u read more about islam, i would say it is the best religion actually.