The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
amelia88

What Bible Study are you doing right now?

Right now my PWOC group are doing the Restless Bible Study.

http://www.jennieallen.com/studies/restless/

So far I'm really enjoying it.

Here's a bit of information about the study - if you're in a PWOC group I would really recommend it! It's been enlightening so far.

Would love to hear what your Bible Study group is doing right now!

We are just reading Ephesians. Continuing with Chapter 2. We average about 3-4 weekly lessons per chapter. Ephesians 1 and 2 tends to have a lot that people need to talk about.

We are just reading Ephesians. Continuing with Chapter 2. We average about 3-4 weekly lessons per chapter. Ephesians 1 and 2 tends to have a lot that people need to talk about.

Ephesians definitely has a lot of meaty discussion topics! One of my favorite verses is from Ephesians Chapter 2!

Ephesians 2:4-5 “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—“

Hope you are enjoying your study, and getting a lot out of it :)

• Like 2

Staff

We are studying John. A year into the Bible study and we just now entered into chapter 4.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:32 AM, amelia88 said:

[video=youtube_share;kjH0Py5TJk0]

Here's a bit of information about the study - if you're in a PWOC group I would really recommend it! It's been enlightening so far.

I started Daniel a few weeks ago...... and opps !..I let it go...... But I will never understand the book of Revelation without first knowing Daniel thoroughly !

So I'm back in Daniel ,determined to learn it entirely before I even think of taking on the book of Revelation.  Matt

btw Welcome to the forum .

1 hour ago, Just Mike said:

Our SS is in John.

SS ? :-(    M

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:32 AM, amelia88 said:

@amelia88 PWOC ? And the definition is................ Taaaaaaa !!! .....................  !  M

Staff

Ezekiel also 

Hey @Matthew Duvall 

The acronyms @Just Mike used probably stand for something like the following:

PWOC = Protestant Women of the Chapel? 

SS = Sacred Scripture? Selected Scripture? Scripture Selection?

If if not I too am very curious as to their definitions.

22 hours ago, Faber said:

What would that be?

In case your post is directed to me, it would be:

Matthew 28:1-10 says that when Mary Magdalene went to the tomb she was told by an angel that the Messiah had risen and would be seen in Galilee. Matthew then says she ran "with great joy" to tell the disciples and while on the way that she met the Messiah (this occurred before she got to the disciples).

However, John 20:1 and 2 say that when she came to the tomb and didn’t find the Messiah there, that she ran to the disciples and told them that He had been taken away and that she didn’t know where He was. In Matthew she knew where He was (or at least had been) and where He would be, but in John she didn’t.

I think it woukd be informative to see the introductory notes of Matthew 28 by Albert Barnes.

https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/bnb/matthew-28.html

I would also look for "An Examination of the Alleged Contradictions in the Resurrection Narratives" by John Ankerberg.  I can not access the webs site (I am in China and they seem to enjoy blocking such things).