The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Stratton

Night Is The Enemy

Staff

Thanks for sharing "da bump" Stratton! Whose your greatest musical inspiration, if I may ask, and that is besides Christ Jesus?

Thanks for sharing "da bump" Stratton! Whose your greatest musical inspiration, if I may ask, and that is besides Christ Jesus?

Well I grew up listening to a lot of Eminem but I don't mess with that style of music anymore so imma have to say Lecrae

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Man Gives Wife Special Gift Of Just Leaving Her Alone For The Entire Night

JUNO BEACH, FL—In a moving gesture of Christlike love for his wife, local man Steve Dylan reportedly allowed his wife to just hang out by herself for a few hours on Valentine's Day. The post Man Gives Wife Special Gift Of Just Leaving Her Alone For The Entire Night appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Don’t Put Your Hope in Date Night

Running a nonprofit ministry geared toward moms of young children means our inbox continually fills with questions about parenting and marriage. One of the most frequent is, “How do you do date night?” As married moms of littles, we understand firsthand where this is coming from. Like our podcast listeners, we look for reasons to hire a babysitter and spend one-on-one time with our spouses. Out-of-the-house date night without children in tow feels like the secret ingredient to a healthy marriag

in Christian Current Events

• Entering The Enemy's Temple

1. Should Christians enter a Buddhist, Hindu or similar temple? 2. What about a mosque? The Mormon Tabernacle? A Catholic Church? Other? 3. Under what conditions might it be OK?  As a tourist? At a time of prayer or worship? To evangelize? 4. Would you be willing to take off your shoes to enter?

in General Faith

• M. Night Shyamalan and the Necessary Shattered-Glass World

Guest Post by Jared Moore [Glass has several things that may violate your conscience. Know your conscience. Be sure to look it up before you watch at Plugged In or Common Sense Media.] *Additionally, if you want some very detailed interaction with Glass from a Christian worldview, check out the Glass episode of the Pop Culture Coram Deo Podcast (available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Stitcher, TuneIn, Pod Bean, etc.). View the full article

in Soteriology and Reformation Theology

• Science Is No Enemy of Christianity

Oxford zoologist Richard Dawkins insists: “Scientific beliefs are supported by evidence, and they get results. Myths and faiths are not and do not” (33). Harvard biologist Richard Lewontin says something similar—namely, that the “social and intellectual apparatus, Science,” is “the only begetter of truth.” These scientists operate according to the “warfare model” of the Christian faith’s relationship to science, and they assume the ideology of “scientism,” which everyday Christians often wonder

in Christian Current Events