SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Bede

Staying on Windows 7

William
Staff

Okay. But Windows 8.1 going good with my current compiler. My system is slow but the thing is bugs. There wasn't an updated version of the compiler with which my teacher was teaching. He too uses Windows 7. That's why I like Windows 8.1. I has almost no bugs although after Windows Updates , it'd turned slow. I have antivirus of Trend Micro. Everything's fine! thanks for your suggestion ;-)

Windows includes compatibility settings that can make old applications functional. To access these, right-click an application’s shortcut or .exe file and select Properties. In Windows 10’s Start menu, right-click a shortcut, select “Open file location”, and then right-click the shortcut and select “Properties”. Click over the Compatibility tab. You can click the “Use the compatibility troubleshooter” button for a wizard interface or just adjust the options yourself.

For example, if an application doesn’t run properly on Windows 10 but did run properly on Windows XP. click the “Run this program in compatibility mode” for checkbox and select “Windows XP (Service Pack 3)”.

1114766567_compmode.jpg.ef77d5ba712ed490065fce5be5730b72.jpg

God bless,

William

kingcool52

I had Windows 7 previously and thought it was amazing. My current laptop came with Windows 10 and I have to say that I'm glad it did because it is so much better than Windows 7. It is extremely fast compared to windows 10. I have to say, I really like how Windows 10 looks. So far I have not had any issues with it. Like you said, I was a bit worried at first because Microsoft tend to mess up some of their updates and their fixes tend to take a few days to come out but so far nothing like that has happened.

tony

I have been on Windows 7 since I started using my computer. I like the feel and experience on Window 7. Had wanted to go for Windows 10 sometime ago but on a second thought since I have no issue on my current window I decided to stay with 7.

Julianne

While I'd love to stay with Windows 7, my computer was designed with drivers that (unofficially) perform best (or at all) on a Windows 10 OS. It's kind of a blackmail move from the manufacturer to push their customers into the corner of installing Windows 10...it's alarming that they try so hard to push for that OS. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of that since I bought it in kind of a rush and now I'm stuck with a supposedly game-capable piece of equipment, where the graphics card won't even boot without Windows 10. Every other component works beautifully except from the graphics card...So I'll have to go through that transition whether I like it or not, if I want to go back to my games.

At least there's the consolation that a lot of people praise Windows 10 for its efficiency and speed, good comments that seem to overshadow the various malfunction reports. Either way I'll be finding that out myself in the short future.

Isidore
While I'd love to stay with Windows 7, my computer was designed with drivers that (unofficially) perform best (or at all) on a Windows 10 OS. It's kind of a blackmail move from the manufacturer to push their customers into the corner of installing Windows 10...it's alarming that they try so hard to push for that OS. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of that since I bought it in kind of a rush and now I'm stuck with a supposedly game-capable piece of equipment, where the graphics card won't even boot without Windows 10. Every other component works beautifully except from the graphics card...So I'll have to go through that transition whether I like it or not, if I want to go back to my games.

At least there's the consolation that a lot of people praise Windows 10 for its efficiency and speed, good comments that seem to overshadow the various malfunction reports. Either way I'll be finding that out myself in the short future.

This is true. In many cases, new hardware is designed to only work with Windows 10. If you are dead-set on win 7 you should find an older machine with hardware that still supports that OS. You should still be able to find some decent hardware out there now, but in the future you may have no choice.

I should mention that win 10 users should go ahead and review privacy settings. "Recommendations" is a code word for targeted ads. Pretty silly for an OS , but here we are.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

I think the windows 7 is the best OS ever. I had any problem using this OS. I am having better system speed. I was using the Windows XP before this and I liked that too. Windows 7 has a user-friendly interface and easy to install. I like all the features and the application in it.

Calvarystudy

I love windows 7.

windows 10 slows my pc down.

ThyWordisTruth

Well, support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020. After that, you will be a sitting duck for any malware which comes along.

FergusMacLeod
I've decided to stay on Windows 7. Apart from the possibility of the PC running faster under Windows 10 (some reports say it will) I can't see any advantages for me with the programs I run. Windows 7 does all I want and the old programs I have work on it.

One problem with auto upgrades (such as WIndows 10 will use and as happens with Firefox and Thunderbird) is that every now and then the supplier makes some significant change that just seems to mess things up and/or takes away some useful facility.

Any other "luddites" like me staying on Windows 7?

I actually encourage you to stay on Windows 7. I switched to Windows 10 the very first moment I got the chance. And in the beginning everything was fine, it was working flawlessly. But after a year or so hey deployed an update that ruined everything. Since then, my PC froze a few times, I am losing sound or getting these sound cracks which are far too annoying and I am not sure what to do to fix it. I am thinking about turning back to Windows 7 again. And they keep trying to fix these issues over and over, but they just keep messing thing up. So for now, don't go for Windows 10. There is probably a reason why they made it free at first...

mrtsail

I went to Linux mint and never regretted it.

ThyWordisTruth
I went to Linux mint and never regretted it.

I will admit that Mint is the least worst distribution, but even it is capable of deciding that it has booted up quite enough times, and now it will boot no more. It is just as well that I never have Linux as the only operating system on my computer.

As for all the other Linux distributions - well the air regularly turns blue after I have installed one of them, and they are deleted shortly thereafter.